Which aftermarket exhaust xr650L?

17 replies to this topic
  • RipperFox

Posted March 18, 2008 - 06:03 PM

I am/was a 4 wheeler man. Rode banshees. Toomey is "all that and a bag of chips" when it comes to Banshee exhaust. What is the "top dog" for the xr650l? (with no internal motor mods). Air, jetting, slide drillin', carb stuff, snorkle, smog, etc will be done. Just no cams, valves or pistons yet. Just some bolt on. :confused:

• fredodido1

Posted March 18, 2008 - 06:15 PM

hello ripper fox,

did all the mods youre talking about on mine and put a white bros e2 exhaust. it sonds very nice (not to to load but has a deep bark to it) it fits like a glove with no mods to anything and looks very nice, not to long and the finish of the pipe is flawless. a bit more $ then some but is worth it.

if you follow the magic receipi, at riding elevation of 500 to 2500 feets.
i used the dyno jet kit, the needle is shape better... but can work without
snokler off, uni filter
smog off
165 or 160 main
55 slow jet
3 grove from top on needle with a small washer at the top.(0.020 to .030)
2 ¼ to 2 ½ out on the mix screw, with the tab grind off
and the white bros e2 exhaust.

you ll ride the xr650L at it s best.
have fun.

• martinfan30

Posted March 18, 2008 - 06:23 PM

I also agree. The E2 is a great slip on. fits great, looks good and gives good power. If you can find an E-series from WB, (disc type) I like the sound and performance better. They just like to burn the turn signal.

• Denn10

Posted March 18, 2008 - 07:20 PM

and the fender too!!! I have a E series with 12 disc's in it but i prefer white brothers, i have an E2 on a 400ex and would put one on my L in an heartbeat. The spark arrestor core helps when you want a little less noise and the are made well and sound good.

• Motosprtman

Posted March 19, 2008 - 05:27 AM

I have run the WB E2 and it is a very good pipe, just odd looking to me. I opted for the FMF Q2 about the same performance and a little quieter.

• Purcell69

Posted March 19, 2008 - 07:23 AM

hello ripper fox,

did all the mods youre talking about on mine and put a white bros e2 exhaust. it sonds very nice (not to to load but has a deep bark to it) it fits like a glove with no mods to anything and looks very nice, not to long and the finish of the pipe is flawless. a bit more $ then some but is worth it.

if you follow the magic receipi, at riding elevation of 500 to 2500 feets.
i used the dyno jet kit, the needle is shape better... but can work without
snokler off, uni filter
smog off
165 or 160 main
55 slow jet
3 grove from top on needle with a small washer at the top.(0.020 to .030)
2 ¼ to 2 ½ out on the mix screw, with the tab grind off
and the white bros e2 exhaust.

you ll ride the xr650L at it s best.
have fun.

I agree. I have done all of the above with the DJ kit. The only thing lacking is the exhaust, which will be the WB E2. Between the intake/carb mods and grinding the head pipe welds, the bike is a completely different machine. As soon as I can fork out the extra money, the E2 goes on.

-Joe

• jonr3

Posted March 19, 2008 - 08:17 AM

I am/was a 4 wheeler man. Rode banshees. Toomey is "all that and a bag of chips" when it comes to Banshee exhaust. What is the "top dog" for the xr650l? (with no internal motor mods). Air, jetting, slide drillin', carb stuff, snorkle, smog, etc will be done. Just no cams, valves or pistons yet. Just some bolt on. :excuseme:

I'm running all of the same mods you mentioned with no internal mods (yet!), and I'm very happy with my Pro Circuit T4. Some people think it's too loud but I think it sounds good! (I also like the smell of racing fuel so maybe I'm weird :confused: )

It's well made, fits perfectly, and delivers gobs more power.

• percyco

Posted March 19, 2008 - 08:27 AM

All the usual mods with a White Bros. XCR, resonable price and good performance . Good Luck !

Posted Image

• b2dude

Posted March 19, 2008 - 12:36 PM

i've seen so many pictures of the white bros. exhaust below but i can't find it for sale anywhere...is it still around?

Posted Image

if i could find that one for sale it would be my first choice, then the fmf q2. the rest i've seen are all too long and skinny.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • martinfan30

Posted March 19, 2008 - 01:03 PM

i've seen so many pictures of the white bros. exhaust below but i can't find it for sale anywhere...is it still around?

Posted Image

if i could find that one for sale it would be my first choice, then the fmf q2. the rest i've seen are all too long and skinny.

I beleive the E-Series and the E2 are no longer being produced.

• Huffa 2

Posted March 19, 2008 - 01:26 PM

I love everything about the E series except it comes mounted just a bit too high and doesn't look good with how close it is to blinker.

I made up new blinker brackets though, raised and moved forward both sides an inch and made the muffler side serve double duty as a heat sheild.

This muffler is the best choice in my eyes, great sound, cool shape and not too long, just right! :confused:

+ the fact that the blue in "E" matches my side panel :excuseme:

Just keep looking for one on ebay, that's where I got mine OR if you see a whole machine for sale with one, contact the guy, see if he would sell it seperate, he'll get more for it that way anyway.

Posted Image

Posted Image

• martinfan30

Posted March 19, 2008 - 04:24 PM

I love everything about the E series except it comes mounted just a bit too high and doesn't look good with how close it is to blinker.

I made up new blinker brackets though, raised and moved forward both sides an inch and made the muffler side serve double duty as a heat sheild.

This muffler is the best choice in my eyes, great sound, cool shape and not too long, just right! :confused:

+ the fact that the blue in "E" matches my side panel :excuseme:

Just keep looking for one on ebay, that's where I got mine OR if you see a whole machine for sale with one, contact the guy, see if he would sell it seperate, he'll get more for it that way anyway.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Good to see you back! Been awhile. Time for a new rear meat it looks like.:excuseme:

• Huffa 2

Posted March 20, 2008 - 03:14 AM

Good to see you back! Been awhile. Time for a new rear meat it looks like.:confused:

Hi Martin ! Yes, it has been a while and no to the new meat, that's an old pic, you just :excuseme: forget that I'm a F&R Mefo dude now.

HEY !!! What's the blue bike in your avatar, is that a 650L ?

• lifeinthesouth

Posted March 20, 2008 - 05:51 AM

All the talk about mufflers got me wondering... Anybody running the FMF header?
Is it the only aftermarket header available for the L?

EDIT: just remembered xrsonly has a header too... any comparison btn FMF vs. XRs?

Thx
Mike

• Huffa 2

Posted March 20, 2008 - 07:27 AM

All the talk about mufflers got me wondering... Anybody running the FMF header?
Is it the only aftermarket header available for the L?

EDIT: just remembered xrsonly has a header too... any comparison btn FMF vs. XRs?

Thx
Mike

I run the stock header that has been jet hot coated inside and out, it's far more durable (14 times more then chrome) then any after market header and you can still use the heat sheild.

......and it runs a HECK OF A LOT COOLER then stock or aftermarket now. :confused:

Posted Image

Posted Image

• martinfan30

Posted March 20, 2008 - 09:13 AM

Hi Martin ! Yes, it has been a while and no to the new meat, that's an old pic, you just :confused: forget that I'm a F&R Mefo dude now.

HEY !!! What's the blue bike in your avatar, is that a 650L ?

Yeah, Jetfuel photoshopped my pig.

• Huffa 2

Posted March 20, 2008 - 06:33 PM

Yeah, Jetfuel photoshopped my pig.

Man, that looks sweet in blue !!!

• martinfan30

Posted March 20, 2008 - 08:31 PM

Yeah, I think I'll start looking for blue plastics now!:confused:

Related Content

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.