WR vs YZ suspension

3 replies to this topic
  • carharttstud

Posted February 03, 2001 - 09:37 AM

I don't know a ton about bike suspensions but somebody says it takes $500 to get the WR suspension like the YZ's, but the yamaha sit says same travel and # of adjustment clicks on both bike so I was just wondering what would take $500. Thanks for any help, because I am thinking about getting a YZ then putting a stator and lights on it, for the YZ suspension.

• James_Dean

Posted February 03, 2001 - 02:52 PM

Suspension revalve and springs probably would cost about that.

Consider all the other factors though-
WR trans
lights
o-ring chain/steel sprocket in rear
tank/seat (not the best on the WR)
18 vs 19 inch wheel
stand
exhaust (again, not the best on the WR)
Odometer
YZ has aluminum subframe
Coolant overflow reservoir
WR requires time to get the YZ carb and cam spec.

It's a mixed bag to sort out.

Either bike can be made like the other, but the transmission gearing is the biggest factor that is hard to switch.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • carharttstud

Posted February 03, 2001 - 04:07 PM

Are WRs and YZ having problems fouling Plugs I live at about only 2-3hundred ft above sea level in western WA do you think I would have this problem, but I'm coming off of a 300ex so tyhe WR suspension would probably be good for me for quite a whiole until I started getting bigger air.

[This message has been edited by carharttstud (edited 02-03-2001).]

• Bruce_in_Phoenix

Posted February 04, 2001 - 06:39 PM

My 2001 WR suspension is way ahead of my old 99's before I gave it the race tech treatment. No work needed on my 2001 for my 190lb riding weight.

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.