Pipe for 07 YZ450

8 replies to this topic
  • FreshDonutsCAN

Posted March 18, 2008 - 03:36 PM

Hey i was wondering if anyone knew where to get a decent cheap pipe for 07 yz 450. I really dont wanna spend the money on a whole pipe so is there loud tips for the stock exhaust? Or is the only option to get a whole pipe?

I was looking on ebay but im in Canada and they slap on a ton of extra shipping and COD when i order from US so its no cheaper through ebay.

• Kent Rathgeber

Posted March 18, 2008 - 04:59 PM

Try the TT Store. They have the FMF TiPowerCore there, and they don't hammer you too hard on shipping and taxes. I've got one on my 07 YZ450, but I haven't taken it for a ride yet. I'll post when I ride this weekend (come hell or high water!!)

• WB450

Posted March 18, 2008 - 07:07 PM

Posted Image

Hey i was wondering if anyone knew where to get a decent cheap pipe for 07 yz 450. I really dont wanna spend the money on a whole pipe so is there loud tips for the stock exhaust? Or is the only option to get a whole pipe?

I was looking on ebay but im in Canada and they slap on a ton of extra shipping and COD when i order from US so its no cheaper through ebay.

PMB, I love mine.

• FreshDonutsCAN

Posted March 18, 2008 - 07:49 PM

Whered you order that PMB from and does it really do anything or is it just useful for the spark arrestor??

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • sixoutoften

Posted March 18, 2008 - 09:26 PM

I don't recommend the Dr.D exhaust. I was very disappointed with the craftsmanship of the muffler. The paint on the end cap started peeling and the Dr.D logo faded and started to melt all within a dozen rides. I will say that the performance is good for $500 however.

• FreshDonutsCAN

Posted March 19, 2008 - 04:20 PM

anyone know if those pmb caps do anything for noise or performance. Are they just a cool lookin spark arrestor??

• KAS

Posted March 19, 2008 - 04:22 PM

anyone know if those pmb caps do anything for noise or performance. Are they just a cool lookin spark arrestor??

Just a spark arrestor.

• dewercs

Posted March 19, 2008 - 04:43 PM

I don't recommend the Dr.D exhaust. I was very disappointed with the craftsmanship of the muffler. The paint on the end cap started peeling and the Dr.D logo faded and started to melt all within a dozen rides. I will say that the performance is good for $500 however.

I'm wondering if your bike is jetted lean causing it to run hot, I use Dr D on my 07 450f, 07 250f, 04 250f and have not had any problems what so ever, you should give them a call and see what they have to say

• sixoutoften

Posted March 19, 2008 - 09:43 PM

you can actually buy their 96dB insert. I'm not sure of the price, but I had to run it for a local series. I did noticed a drop in performance while running the quiet insert.

Related Content

Forums
Photo

Michigan Motocross Tires by 288yz450

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Regional Discussion   North
  • 1 reply
Wiki
WR Camshaft Swap Info - last post by jamesm113

WR Camshaft Swap Info

Articles
  • 0 replies
Forums
Photo
Motocross

Thinking about Yamaha 250... by Arctic Pride

Dirt Bike   Special Interest Forums   Pro Racing
  • Hot  491 replies
Reviews

Yamaha YZ450F 2017 by Chris.GVS

Yamaha YZ450F 2017
  • - - - - -
  • 0 reviews
Forums
Photo

YZ450F 03 Sparks driving me crazy by SirAttard

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   YZ 400/426/450
  • 5 replies

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.