Slight Wobble In Rear Wheelon A 95 Xr600r

8 replies to this topic
  • FASTANDLOWAVENGER

Posted March 18, 2008 - 05:33 AM

I Have What Seems To Be A Slight Woble In The Rear Wheel At Around 40-50 But Gets Better The Faster You Go(on Pavement).i It Has Some Pretty Aggressive Knobby On The Back That Is Brand New.could That Be The Problem?also Has A New Sprockets And Chain.just Wanted To Know If It Was Normal.

• Denn10

Posted March 18, 2008 - 06:27 AM

would get your bike on a stand and make sure its not some slop in the bearings. if the rear wheel feels nice and tight then i would think its prolly the aggressive knobbie or possibly a balance issue. I use 606s and dont see that problem, what tire you got on it? what pressure you using on street?

• FASTANDLOWAVENGER

Posted March 18, 2008 - 07:15 AM

I Will Let You Know When I Get Home Tonight.We checked it out while on the lift and all the bearings were in good shape.Found a few loose spokes though (maybe 2) but everything looked good.Must be the tire, was told its the most aggressive DOT legal tire avalable.

• XR650L_Dave

Posted March 18, 2008 - 08:04 AM

Since the bearings and swingarm bushings seemed good, it could be the knob. pattern, or the rim could be a little warped.

Wouldn't hurt to get a little penetrant on the spoke nipples that need tightening, and get 'em socked down at some point.

Dave

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • FASTANDLOWAVENGER

Posted March 18, 2008 - 09:05 AM

Other Than That It Rode Great.great Response When You Crack The Throttle.left The G/f In The Dust A Couple Of Times.

• zimak

Posted March 18, 2008 - 01:43 PM

If you just found a loose "spoke or 2" and just tightened those you could be out of true on your rear wheel. Would certainly cause the problems your getting.
Check in the tech section here on TT...good part about checking your tires for trueness in there.

• Denn10

Posted March 18, 2008 - 02:28 PM

spin the tire while off the ground and watch your rim to see if its moving side to side, this would be doing that if your out of true. Definitely need to get and KEEP them spokes tight. I check mine fairly often to make sure there not getting too loose. Prolly alot dont check them as often as they need to so heres a friendly reminder peeps , GO check them spokes now!!

• resurrection

Posted March 18, 2008 - 03:25 PM

A pointer taped to the swing arm just touching the rim give it a spin.

• Krannie McKranface

Posted March 18, 2008 - 04:29 PM

If you just found a loose "spoke or 2" and just tightened those you could be out of true on your rear wheel. Would certainly cause the problems your getting.
Check in the tech section here on TT...good part about checking your tires for trueness in there.

No loose spokes should be found. Do not ride till you have re trued the rim/spokes. You can easily bend the rim if you don't.
Search for 'wheel truing" for guidance.

Next, you need to balance your wheels with lead weights. Go to your local motorcycle dealer to get advice, and weights.

Related Content

Reviews

Honda XR650L 2016 by Chris.GVS

Honda XR650L 2016
  • - - - - -
  • 0 reviews
Forums
Photo
Washington

Cle Elum Sunday 5/29: Looking for dual sport tips by TigerTanker

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Regional Discussion   Northwest
  • Hot  32 replies
Forums
Photo

Wiseco 101MM Spark Knock Low Engine Temps by imandrewparks

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Honda   XR600/650
  • 7 replies
Forums
Photo

DirttyPig 2005 Xr650l Prroject! by braapmebb1moretime

• 22 replies
Forums
Photo

93 xr650l Restoration Project by Zigster

• 17 replies

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.