Fmf Q4

6 replies to this topic
  • Idaho450

Posted March 17, 2008 - 07:05 PM

I'm looking at getting a Q4 for my '07 WR450 and running the stock header. I've already done the free mods and JD kit. Will I see a power difference over the stock muffler?

• ANGRYSHERIFF

Posted March 18, 2008 - 02:18 PM

I have the the stock header with all the mods on my 2007 WR450. I put a Q4 on it and noticed a gain in power over the stock silencer. The stock silencer is really restrictive. I really like the Q4 because it made a noticable difference in power and you'll never have to worry about being over the decibel limit anywhere.

• Idaho450

Posted March 18, 2008 - 04:53 PM

Does it sound much different from the stock muffler with a performance tip?

Thanks,

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Idaho450

Posted March 18, 2008 - 05:04 PM

Also...how do you have yours jetted?

Thanks again,

• ANGRYSHERIFF

Posted March 19, 2008 - 03:52 AM

The only performance tip I've heard is the GYTR tip. My bike with the Q4 is definetly more quiet than the GYTR tip. I run a 168 main jet at an altitude of 4000ft and less. Have you done the grey wire and throttle stop?

• Idaho450

Posted March 19, 2008 - 05:28 PM

I've done the grey wire, throttle stop, AIS, etc... I put in the JD Kit also.

Do you happen to know which pilot you run?

• ANGRYSHERIFF

Posted March 19, 2008 - 10:20 PM

...I'll have to ask my wife where the receipt is for it. I forgot to write it down. I'll check back when she get's off work tomorrow.

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.