4th gear bog

9 replies to this topic
  • Island Boy

Posted March 17, 2008 - 03:13 PM

I have done all free mods on my 07 WR450, AIS removed, Dr. D Full Race Exhaust, JD Jetting (170, 48 and Red Needle at 4th clip, I think) for sea level, 80-90 degree temp.

The jetting (i think) is pretty much spot on but I sometimes notice a bog when i whack the throttle hard in 4th gear (at the lower end). This happens just before a wheelie... on a rare occasion when i think i am in 3rd but i am actually in 4th.

I recently purchased and installed the R & D Power Pump with the stiffer spring and set the ALJ at #40. Throttle response is definitely crisper but the 4th gear bog is sill there. I have adjusted ALJ to #30 and #50 and it's still there.

Can i get rid of this bog? What should i do / change / adjust?

Thanks.

• Mutu

Posted March 17, 2008 - 06:50 PM

Lockwire AP actuator arm.

You do have an adjustable fuel screw, don't you?

• KennyMc

Posted March 17, 2008 - 07:05 PM

The JDJetting kit came with the o-rings for the accelerator pump. Did you use one of them?

• Island Boy

Posted March 18, 2008 - 05:00 AM

Lockwire AP actuator arm.

You do have an adjustable fuel screw, don't you?

R & D told me the stiffer spring i installed does the same thing as the AP lockwire or o ring mod.

I dont have an adjustable fuel screw because i only ride at sea level.

• Island Boy

Posted March 19, 2008 - 08:33 AM

is it fuel mixture?

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • dugabrams

Posted March 19, 2008 - 09:24 AM

Virtually every bike needs a fuel screw for crisp throttle response (unless you can adjust the stocker properly, which I doubt)

• Mutu

Posted March 19, 2008 - 11:57 PM

R & D told me the stiffer spring i installed does the same thing as the AP lockwire or o ring mod.

I dont have an adjustable fuel screw because i only ride at sea level.

Get one!!! That may clear up your problem! It may suprise you the difference these babies can make to the throttle crispness and up to 1/3 throttle performance. They are cheap (and in my books a necessary) mod to do.

is it fuel mixture?

Yes.

• Mutu

Posted March 19, 2008 - 11:57 PM

Virtually every bike needs a fuel screw for crisp throttle response (unless you can adjust the stocker properly, which I doubt)

Yep! :confused:

• Island Boy

Posted March 20, 2008 - 05:29 AM

Thanks guys... ordering one today!

• maxtherat

Posted March 20, 2008 - 10:13 PM

When you say that you whack the throttle hard does that mean wide open? If so, since you are using the red needle maybe try the 168 main jet.

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.