05 450 Smokin........help!

2 replies to this topic
  • Dube2

Posted March 17, 2008 - 11:39 AM

Hey Guys, washed the bike. Lost my pipe plug but was very carefull not to get water In the exhaust tip. Fired her up and white smoke, but not very thick. She seemed to run a little rough, wouldn't idle very good. She always ran like a top, till this. Anyway, the smoke started to go away and the idle got a little better.

Did I get water in the pipe and it just burned off? This is the first for me. My 05 never smoked from new till now. What could it be?:confused:

WORRIED........

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • TRUE_2_YAMAHA_001

Posted March 17, 2008 - 12:24 PM

if the white "smoke" stayed in the air for a long time like a 2 stroke, you should be worried, but if it just evaporated it was just steam. i would not be worried especially because it want away and returned to regular idle. the other thing that you could do is take out the big bolt in the bottom of your carb, it could have water in it as well. good luck man

• Mutu

Posted March 17, 2008 - 07:24 PM

Hey Guys, washed the bike. Lost my pipe plug but was very carefull not to get water In the exhaust tip. Fired her up and white smoke, but not very thick. She seemed to run a little rough, wouldn't idle very good. She always ran like a top, till this. Anyway, the smoke started to go away and the idle got a little better.

Did I get water in the pipe and it just burned off? This is the first for me. My 05 never smoked from new till now. What could it be?:confused:

WORRIED........

Dont worry about it.

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.