leaking fluid from top of head breather

5 replies to this topic
  • jrhotrod

Posted November 04, 2002 - 04:04 PM

Ouestion about 1999 wr400 does anyone else experiance fluid leakage out of the tube that comes out of the head.Mine seems to leak alot for only having 250 miles on it anyone else have this problem or is it normal.thanks

• blue_beast_wins

Posted November 04, 2002 - 04:14 PM

Fluid or engine oil??, colour please.

• bigdrtrdr

Posted November 04, 2002 - 04:28 PM

I think what your talking about is the crankcase breather tube. which will blow off a little oil every time you ride.
No worries.
I have over 2000 miles on my 426 and it blows off the same today as the day I bought it.
Later
Eric

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • jrhotrod

Posted November 04, 2002 - 04:36 PM

yes I believe it is the crankcase breather tube and it looks like oil.I had bought the manual for the bike but it doesnt mention anything about the hose on top of the cylinder head. thanks for the info

• bigdrtrdr

Posted November 04, 2002 - 04:45 PM

I think the only hill to climb in Bowling Green is at the college. Right?

• John_H

Posted November 04, 2002 - 06:50 PM

Something else that's cool... :blush:If you wreck and your bike stays running and is wheel side up, you'll get to see your oil burbling out that hose too.

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.