'06 Yz450 Front Brake Problem

7 replies to this topic
  • muffdvr

Posted March 17, 2008 - 07:00 AM

I Bought An '06 Yz450 "new" From A Dealer In Dec. '07. I Replaced The Front Tire And Put It Back On The Bike. The Front Brake Is Stuck Closed(tire Won't Turn Freely). There Is No Pressure When I Pull In Front Brake Lever. I Bled The Brake Several Times Per Service Manual Insructions. The Rotor Is Not Bent. It Seems Like The Caliper Is Stuck Closed, But I Can Move Caliper To Open Position And Pull Lever, The Caliper Closes(applying Brake) And Won't Release The Brake. It Seems Like At Easy Fix, But I Can't Figure It Out. Should I Keep Trying To Bleed Brake? Help!!!!!! I Really Need To Roost!!!!

Posted March 17, 2008 - 11:55 AM

Maybe ya got the pad off the caliper bracket . Sometimes the pad will fall out of the caliper bracket and get binded up.. Take the caliper off and place the pads back on the bracket correctly or the shims might be misaligned :confused:

• muffdvr

Posted March 18, 2008 - 05:13 AM

Thanx TT Newbie for the info, but that wasn't it. Your info did make me look closer at the prob. After work last night I spent about 1 hr. cleaning resevoir, pulling and greasing caliper, bleeding system. Then I noticed the front brake rotor wasn't lining up properly. Da!!!! Dopey Me!!! I had the wheel spacer on the wrong sides. That's what I get for not paying attention. The system works great now. Thanx again, muffdvr

• bigbluerider4life

Posted March 18, 2008 - 04:47 PM

lol, i've done that once or twice...easy to get confused! :confused:

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • grayracer513

Posted March 18, 2008 - 05:32 PM

Actually. the spacers don't even look the same. Hard for me to imagine crossing them up, but I've done some rather classic things before.

• ktown yamaha

Posted March 18, 2008 - 05:48 PM

ive done that before my self hahaha

• black_n_blue_thumper

Posted March 19, 2008 - 09:25 PM

ive done that before my self hahaha

yep yep.....me too. :confused:

• Wiz636

Posted March 20, 2008 - 08:04 AM

I never have! :confused: Lol...jk, glad it was an easy fix.

Related Content

yz250x vs 450 4t comparisons (preferably desert riding) needed by JakeNorthrupYZ450F

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   Yamaha 2-Stroke
  • 9 replies

YZ450F 03 Sparks driving me crazy by SirAttard

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   YZ 400/426/450
  • 5 replies

Michigan Motocross Tires by 288yz450

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Regional Discussion   North
  • 1 reply

First Hare scramble tips by dhend8

Dirt Bike   General Dirt Bike Forums   General Dirt Bike Discussion
  • Hot  33 replies
WR Camshaft Swap Info - last post by jamesm113

WR Camshaft Swap Info

• 0 replies

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.