yz450f wont start

10 replies to this topic
  • asxasxz

Posted March 16, 2008 - 08:51 PM

I droped it in a some deep water today and it ran fine for a min then i felt a huge lack in power so i brought it home and cleane the air filter and it still had no power so I took the slip on pipe off and road it up the street still no power well when I put the pipe back on it wouldnt start so I changed the oil and the spark plug still wouldnt start so I changed the gas and opened the carb and cleaned it and it still wont start and I am supposed to ride with a double A rider toomarow but i guess ill have to cancel can you please help me i need help tonight:cry:

• asxasxz

Posted March 16, 2008 - 09:13 PM

can yall please help me this sucks im supposed to ride with some really good riders tommarow and my bike wont start :confused:

• asxasxz

Posted March 17, 2008 - 06:24 AM

thanks for all the help

• the1_roadrunner

Posted March 17, 2008 - 08:12 AM

I would check to see if your getting spark first. If not something in your ignition system is wet or shorted from being wet. Dry it out. Blow air in the spark plug wire cap etc..
If you have spark, check to see if you are getting fuel to the combustion chamber. Even squirt a little gas into the spark plug hole if you have to.
If you have fuel and you have spark it should at least start or try to start. Whether it will continue to run or run well is another matter... --RR

• ttweedle

Posted March 17, 2008 - 08:37 AM

You dropped it in deep water. Was it completely submerged? Did water get in the airbox? How much water do you think your bike ingested?

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • asxasxz

Posted March 17, 2008 - 08:51 AM

You dropped it in deep water. Was it completely submerged? Did water get in the airbox? How much water do you think your bike ingested?

not much didnt even look like any in oil

• ttweedle

Posted March 17, 2008 - 09:04 AM

I would go the electrical route and make sure you get all wiring as dry as possible. I dropped a cell phone in the water, after a week of drying out it works fine. Use a hair dryer to speed up drying time.

• asxasxz

Posted March 17, 2008 - 09:07 AM

allright ill try that

• cheekz

Posted March 17, 2008 - 10:02 AM

check the carb(lack of power) probely got abit of water holding there

• asxasxz

Posted March 17, 2008 - 01:20 PM

I blew air into all the jets in the carb again and i changed the plug again and I am getting spark but it still wont start

• asxasxz

Posted March 17, 2008 - 01:37 PM

o and it backfires

Related Content

Forums
Photo

YZ450F 03 Sparks driving me crazy by SirAttard

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   YZ 400/426/450
  • 5 replies
Forums
Photo

First Hare scramble tips by dhend8

Dirt Bike   General Dirt Bike Forums   General Dirt Bike Discussion
  • Hot  33 replies
Reviews

Yamaha YZ450F 2017 by Chris.GVS

Yamaha YZ450F 2017
  • - - - - -
  • 0 reviews
Forums
Photo

Is it worth it? (Cam and High compression piston) by macgi77

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Honda   CRF 150/230 F/L
  • Hot  36 replies
Forums
Photo

Michigan Motocross Tires by 288yz450

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Regional Discussion   North
  • 1 reply

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.