PIVOT PEGZ for the BRP- Product Review

3 replies to this topic
  • Scotty Breauxman

Posted March 16, 2008 - 08:00 PM

Pivot Pegz

Here's a follow up to my original product review of Pivot Pegz Mark 2 for the XR650R
http://www.thumperta...683#post6086683

Compared to stock XR650 pegs there is no question that aftermarket pegs are a must...

Campared to convetional after market pegs, Pivot Pegz are the only way to go... I will never go back. These pegs are as irreplacable as a steering stabilizer.

• heilong

Posted January 15, 2010 - 06:30 AM

I've got these pegs, haven't tried them yet, but I've taken a look at the instructions, and it says that you have to grease the pivot shaft every 15 hours of use. I understand this requires partially disassembling the pegs, the instructions further say that you have to use a new lock nut on every reassembly. Does this mean every 15 hours of bike use you have to get two new lock nuts for these pegs?
The instructions also mention another worrying thing - they say that the entire mount assembly should be replaced every 100 hours, or if the peg sustains a severe impact. I figure the mounts are pretty expensive.
So anyone who have had these pegs for quite a while, what kind of long-term experience do you have with them? What maintenance do you do on them and how often?

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • akarob

Posted January 15, 2010 - 11:51 AM

Yea, I've seen them. They're quite nice. I hear they have quite an appetite for flesh though.

• heilong

Posted January 15, 2010 - 01:03 PM

So do my mountain bike's pedal. I've got leg armor :banghead:

Related Content

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.