I did it...NEW 2007 XR650R

10 replies to this topic
  • SeaSpyder

Posted March 16, 2008 - 06:28 PM

Thanks to all the great information on this site, I have now purchased a brand new xr650r, $4999.00 out the door, can't wait to break it and and uncork, thanks for the great site, and info...:confused:

• resurrection

Posted March 16, 2008 - 06:48 PM

Cool on ya dude
I know this sounds crazy but keep an eye on the footpeg mounts as they loosen early on .the spookes also need your attention and now you can suffer this sickness with friends .

• scalejockey

Posted March 16, 2008 - 06:51 PM

Get help fast! or was that.. Fast help get?

Way to go!!!

• BBA

Posted March 16, 2008 - 07:06 PM

Welcome to the pig club:thumbsup:

• AaronBrown

Posted March 16, 2008 - 07:42 PM

Where did you pick it up from?

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Krannie McKranface

Posted March 16, 2008 - 08:05 PM

Thanks to all the great information on this site, I have now purchased a brand new xr650r, $4999.00 out the door, can't wait to break it and and uncork, thanks for the great site, and info...:confused:

CONGRATULATIONS! Let the obsession begin........

Please search for, and do the following:

- right footpeg mount upgrade
- how to check oil level/ insert dipstick properly
- re-greasing a stock bike
- un-corking
- tire pressure
- oil changes
- valve adjustment
- break-in

I personally strongly reccomend the 'hard' break-in method, as it seats the rings correctly, improving compression and performance.

• Purcell69

Posted March 16, 2008 - 08:25 PM

Congratulations! I would have opted for the "R" but I was afraid my back side would not do well with the MX style seat on long rides. I wussed out and went with the "L". Thicker seat for older butts and the "magic button" to start. Enought about mine...Enjoy to new pig!!!

-Joe

• Scotty Breauxman

Posted March 16, 2008 - 08:30 PM

Welcome to the club...

Thanks to Johnny Campbell, Robbie Bell and Steve Hengeveld***...you got a smoking deal on a brand new one...under $5K is smoking when folks are paying more than 7K for the 450X...I've riden and raced both bikes in Baja pro classes and I can't ever say I will part with my Pig.

+1 on the right peg fix http://www.animalhousedesigns.net/

Since you got a great deal on your BRP, don't forget the Pivot Pegz for $149.00USD
(see TT review http://www.thumperta...p?t=611800.html)

***the CRF450X is the bike of choice among the top Baja racers (as evidenced by the CRF450X dominating the top four at the San Felipe 250 yesterday) So, just because North America's fastest desert racers ride the 450X, doesn't take anything away from the fact that the BRP is the Caddy of the desert. Surpizingly, I love riding my BRP in the tightest of technical singletrack.

I love my pig more than any material object I've owned.

My recommended mods:
*Uncorked with aftermarket choke plate
*Stabilizer (Scott's Performance) sub-mount kit with bar perch and triple
clamps *(if you're at least 6'0") to get the bars forward and higher
*Foot peg fix from animal house designs
*Aluminum skid plate
*Pivot Pegz

Welcome to the crew:thumbsup:

• Robbiesworld

Posted March 16, 2008 - 08:32 PM

:confused: Seems like a pretty good price

• SeaSpyder

Posted March 17, 2008 - 06:59 AM

AaronBrown, I picked it up at Cycle Country in Salem Oregon, no fuss, no freight or set up fees, had the best price of anyone in the state, of course when your signing the bottom line your getting hit with extended warranty, theft protection, and service agreements, with the info from this site I seriosly doubt it will ever see the dealer again, thanks to all who contribute to this site.

• AaronBrown

Posted March 17, 2008 - 07:26 AM

AaronBrown, I picked it up at Cycle Country in Salem Oregon, no fuss, no freight or set up fees, had the best price of anyone in the state, of course when your signing the bottom line your getting hit with extended warranty, theft protection, and service agreements, with the info from this site I seriosly doubt it will ever see the dealer again, thanks to all who contribute to this site.

Thanks, I may have to give them a call.

Related Content

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.