Head and valve work in San Diego

8 replies to this topic
  • bustersat

Posted March 16, 2008 - 05:47 PM

Anyone know a good place with reasonable rates for head and valve work for my 2002 426? I would like to stay local to San Diego. Will ship it if I have to. Thanks!

• grayracer513

Posted March 16, 2008 - 05:52 PM

I used a guy in El Cajon a couple of times, but no more. His work didn't hold up like it should have, so I can only assume he's using cutters instead of grind stones to finish the seats.

Check to see who the Fun Bike Center or North County Yamaha use for their head work.

• crfrider189

Posted March 16, 2008 - 05:55 PM

In vista there is Herman Tuning and Mad Racing. I am pretty sure they do that kind of stuff.

HERMAN TUNING: (760)726-2155

MAD RACING: (760) 806-1948

:confused:

• bustersat

Posted March 16, 2008 - 06:01 PM

Thanks Gray. I tried to call north county today and their service dept is closed I will try tomorrow. I got a list of gaskets I need now anyway. Thanks for all your help.

Thanks for the contacts crfrider! I will try them tomorrow as well!

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Speedracer747-400

Posted March 16, 2008 - 06:04 PM

I'm not sure about local places in SD, but here's two places to at least get an estimate from.

Engine Dynamics
http://www.enginedynamics.com/

Millennium Technologies
http://www.mt-llc.co...Bikes/head.html

For valve train parts it's best to stick with Yamaha oem. Most likely you will need new Ti valves, springs, and guides. This place is one of the cheapest places I have found for Yamaha oem parts.
http://crotchrocket.com/

• bustersat

Posted March 16, 2008 - 06:13 PM

Thanks speedracer!

• grayracer513

Posted March 16, 2008 - 06:33 PM

My experience with crotchrocket has not been good (slow). I use TT OEM. Yes, it costs $10/yr, but you make that up very quickly at their prices.

Everyone with a 426, regardless of the year, has the option of using the stainless steel valves AND SPRINGS from the 2000 model. The advantages are much lower cost and even longer life than the OEM Ti valves. If it was mine, I'd do it that way.

• Birdy426

Posted March 16, 2008 - 09:18 PM

I've used Eric Gorr in Wisconson. Overnight shipping both ways, and Eric turns things around pretty quick...He really does excellent work, and his prices are reasonable.

Engine Dynamics has an excellent rep as well, but I haven't used them. I know, neither is local, but shipping ain't that bad for good quality work.

• bustersat

Posted March 16, 2008 - 09:37 PM

Excellent! Thanks for the input birdy!

Related Content

Forums
Photo

First Hare scramble tips by dhend8

Dirt Bike   General Dirt Bike Forums   General Dirt Bike Discussion
  • Hot  33 replies
Forums
Photo

The "going back to the other darkside" adventure... by Monk

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   KTM   250/350/450/505 SX-F & XC-F (4-Strokes)
  • Hot  94 replies
Forums
Photo

2016 YZ450 by CaptainKnobby

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Technical Forums   Suspension
  • Hot  59 replies
Forums
Photo

Is it worth it? (Cam and High compression piston) by macgi77

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Honda   CRF 150/230 F/L
  • Hot  36 replies
Forums
Photo

Michigan Motocross Tires by 288yz450

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Regional Discussion   North
  • 1 reply

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.