F2 shoes for your 650

3 replies to this topic
  • resurrection

Posted March 16, 2008 - 12:54 PM

Spent yesterday mounting F2 600 wheels onto a 650R .
All went well, it's alot of work.
Some bolt issues and I have to make a disc addaptor for the front wheel.

Alot of metal removal on the rear wheel. I mounted it on my Bridgeports 18" turn table using an addaptor plate and long straps across the wheel Dia.

Things need to be on true center when machining for disc and sprocket locations with shoulders for fitting.

You will also need bearing reducers for the axle on front or as I did, make captive spacers that double as both.

Tonight Im going to make a mount for a high doller telascope.this fella
(a neighbor of mine)is as sick with astrolagie as we are about bikes.:confused:

LOL.

Back to the shop see ya all latter.

• djones

Posted March 16, 2008 - 02:22 PM

Id like to see some pics of the project if you get a chance. I have a set of F2 rims that I was thinking about putting on my XRR, just havent got around to sizing up the project.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • resurrection

Posted March 16, 2008 - 03:15 PM

To complete the project in the 8hrs spent would not be possible allowing time for photos .
I sent the bike home maybe the owner will post some I'll ask.
I have yet to complete disc mount allowing mounting of Brakings oversize rotor onto F2 front wheel
I will photo that soon

He told me there are many postings on the subject .I've never seen any
The owner had a good plan of attack ,helped with skills of his own. Dissasemble and trial mountings this all takes alot of work
The big machines and tooling ,are manditory.This may well be a 20hr project for one fella.With the tooling.

Center line and sq. are a MUST

• xrfred

Posted March 16, 2008 - 05:29 PM

we can get some pics and dimensions up when the whole thing is done.
i will give as much info as is possible and or important. none if it is impossible but there is alot of material to remove even from the front wheels. I want to wait till up and running and put everything you need in one post. if you don't like working on things or arent dying for the look of cast wheels its problblably not worth all the effort. I think they will look cool and not be much heavier than the spoked wheels. plus no tubes to pinch
even with resurrections' mad machining skills it is a solid eight hours of setting up and removing material. wouldn't go that much faster the second time. you might be able to remove the majority of the material from the cush drive with a saw to speed it up as it was its like two hours to take all the material out of just that piece.

Related Content

Wiki
Want to add a kickstart to your XR650L?  Here's how - last post by clc3251

Want to add a kickstart to your XR650L? Here's how

Articles
  • 0 replies
Forums
Photo

Wiseco 101MM Spark Knock Low Engine Temps by imandrewparks

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Honda   XR600/650
  • 7 replies
Forums
Photo

Fell Off Trailer by usafxr

• Hot  43 replies
Forums
Photo
Washington

Cle Elum Sunday 5/29: Looking for dual sport tips by TigerTanker

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Regional Discussion   Northwest
  • Hot  32 replies
Forums
Photo

Engine Loping/Sputtering by tcaldwell

• 2 replies

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.