bearings for my engine???

does anyone know where I could get a list of the bearings in my engine? like the actual bearing i.d numbers (i.e 6203, 6010 etc.) not the name of the bearing. my bike is an 01 wr 426 and i don't have the space to tear it down and leave it while i'm awaiting parts...I know i could go to yamaha and order the bearings, but i can get them through work for a quarter of the cost.

any help is much appreciated

jb

in the sticky there is a link to the yamaha parts finch which will have what you are looking for!

The Yamaha Parts Fiche will have Yamaha part numbers...what he's looking for are AFBMA (Anti-Friction Bearing Manufacturer's Association) numbers, which will be stamped on the edge of the bearing races.

When I rebuilt my 426, and a buddy's XR400, I took the bearing numbers from the bearings and went to Motion Industries. They had most of the bearings in stock, and those that they had to order were in the next day. Unfortunately, I didn't write the numbers down...sorry...but the point is, you may only be down for a day or so waiting for parts, and you have you have to have a place to put things when you take em apart, anyway...