noises from the airbox...

9 replies to this topic
  • redswr

Posted March 15, 2008 - 09:49 PM

hey guys... i'm not sure if any of you have heard this but when i shut my bike off i can hear, what sounds to be, air blowing out my filter... kinda sounds like there might be some fluids to cause i can hear a gurgalling(sp?) sound. anyone know about this?

• Speedracer747-400

Posted March 16, 2008 - 03:01 AM

Maybe it was the coolant boiling and going into the coolant recovery tank under the rear fender.:confused:

• redswr

Posted March 16, 2008 - 06:30 PM

it gets louder when i open the airbox lid...

• MountainMax

Posted March 17, 2008 - 07:45 AM

She could be overheating and youre hearing the noise from inside the cylinder area......

• chrama1

Posted March 17, 2008 - 08:47 AM

I get that same gurrgling noise, and I have noticed that my water reserv goes from about an inch full to about half full. I would check that when you shut it off.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • redswr

Posted March 24, 2008 - 05:57 PM

ok... it's deffinatly not from the overflow tank, its from the airbox. i pushed my bike about 3 feet and i heard air leaking out of the airbox...

it reminds me of the sound a turbo makes when you shut off the motor and it still has air built up... i have no clue why it would do this though. i'm gonna move this to general.

• matt4x4

Posted March 25, 2008 - 03:40 AM

Remember that when your bike is running, air moves through the engine at a relatively fast pace causing a vacuum effect, when you shut the bike off, it's pretty normal for sounds to occur since everything including all this moving air has to settle to a state of equilibrium.

• redswr

Posted March 25, 2008 - 10:49 PM

Remember that when your bike is running, air moves through the engine at a relatively fast pace causing a vacuum effect, when you shut the bike off, it's pretty normal for sounds to occur since everything including all this moving air has to settle to a state of equilibrium.

wow thats the most brillant post so far!

• William1

Posted March 26, 2008 - 02:44 AM

Did you remove the drain cap from the bottom of the airbox to remove any accumulated water/fluid? The engine vent is at the bottom of the airbox. If there is a puddle in there, it can "be a' bubblin".

• redswr

Posted March 26, 2008 - 10:27 AM

sure did... no water in the box. maybe the filter got wet though cause it's pretty exposed now that i did all the air boxs mods.

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.