wr400/426 wheels........question

5 replies to this topic
  • kevan

Posted November 04, 2002 - 09:34 AM

Have been advised early wr wheels will not fit 2000 model on
is this true and what are the diff.....can they be overcome
have found wheels but cannot confirm the year...
any help would be great peeps

• smotard

Posted November 04, 2002 - 10:06 AM

Only the 1998 400 wheels are a problem the front is ok but the rear has a different bolt pattern for the rotor and sprocket. I hope this helps you.

Paul

• kevan

Posted November 04, 2002 - 11:26 AM

hi Paul

wheels have disc's and sproket does that mean they'll be o.k. regardless what year they are........

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • GPS Dual Sport

Posted November 04, 2002 - 12:44 PM

I have installed a '98 WR 400 front wheel on my '02 426. There is a difference in diameter on brake rotor and I had to use the '98 axle spacers.
The '02 wheel will not fit the '98 bike. The front brake rotor will not clear the caliper carrier.
I don't know about the rear wheels.

• jwriott

Posted November 04, 2002 - 01:14 PM

I thought the rear axle diameter was different on the older models as well.

• smotard

Posted November 04, 2002 - 01:20 PM

If its a 98 the rear rotor is only a 220mm,Your bike has a 240mm, you could fit a rear rotor from a 99-00. Apart from that I don't see anything else that will give you any problems.

Paul

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.