xr600r shock oil seals fit a xrl?

2 replies to this topic
  • turbowhine

Posted March 15, 2008 - 01:41 PM

I'm wondering if I could use the oil seal from a mid-ninties XR600R rear shock inside my '94 XR650L. If the shaft diameters are the same I think I'll try it. The shock on the XRL is basically unrebuildable cause Honda doesn't sell parts for it but i'm trying anyway. Anyone with some experience?

-What is the shaft diameter of the shock on an XR600R, is it 14mm?
-Is the XR600R shock Showa or Kayaba
-Does anyone know if the seal heads are the same?
-If this doesn't work, anyone know where I could get a 14x26mm seal set? Standard 14mm Kayaba seals are 14x30mm.

Thanks much guys.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • XR250rdr

Posted March 15, 2008 - 03:25 PM

From what I can find from Race Tech both shocks are Showa, the 600R shock is 44mm and the XRL shock is 46mm. Both shocks have a 14mm shaft.

They have part #s for seal heads for both shocks.

• turbowhine

Posted March 15, 2008 - 08:55 PM

Thanks man, I checked out Race Techs website and they've got what I need. Cool.

Related Content

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.