Need help! Coolant leak from weep hole when hot?

3 replies to this topic
  • 04WR450man

Posted March 15, 2008 - 04:27 AM

I just replaced the waterpump seals and shaft on my '04 WR450 as coolant would drip from the weap hole when the bike was first started.

Now, it leaks when my Trailtech temp gauge gets to 70 degrees C / 158 degrees F !!!!

I used grease on the pump seals and am sure they are in the correct way...................

Any ideas before i tear it down again? I really want to ride the bike today and tomorrow!!!!!!!

Many thanks

• William1

Posted March 15, 2008 - 05:29 AM

Grease is a temporary fix. The water pump shaft bearing is probably shot. Rebuilding a pump is often not a complete cure, replacement of the entire assembly is. Sorry.

With a small weep, I would go for the ride, just avoid real slow plunking.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • 04WR450man

Posted March 15, 2008 - 12:24 PM

Thanks for the reply :excuseme:

One of the seals was in the wrong way! its all sorted now :confused:

• William1

Posted March 15, 2008 - 01:05 PM

LOL, good, nice to know the cause. Glad it was nothing else. Have a good ride! :confused:

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.