New Gas Tank

11 replies to this topic
  • AaronBrown

Posted March 14, 2008 - 05:45 PM

I ordered a Clarke 4.7 Gallon tank for my 650L last Sunday from just gas tanks. I also ordered a 55 pilot jet from thumper talk on Monday. I had installed a dynojet kit last summer but I was never happy with the off idle performance. Both the tank and the jet came on Wednesday and I got around to installing them today. The tank install was pretty easy and the pilot jet was easier still. I hate that it is so stormy here right now and I can't take the bike out for a spin. It's like giving a kid a Christmas present and not letting him play with it.

I'll post pics of the bike with the new tank after I get some new batteries for the camera.

• Bibleman

Posted March 14, 2008 - 05:52 PM

Ha! I just installed my 4.7 an hour ago:ride:

• Kenzo

Posted March 14, 2008 - 06:07 PM

this thread is :confused: without pics...

:excuseme:

• AaronBrown

Posted March 14, 2008 - 06:37 PM

Well I got three pics before the batteries died. First one is kind of fuzzy.
Posted Image

• AaronBrown

Posted March 14, 2008 - 06:37 PM

Next one
Posted Image

• AaronBrown

Posted March 14, 2008 - 06:38 PM

Last one.
Posted Image

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • AaronBrown

Posted March 14, 2008 - 06:42 PM

Next mod needs to be suspension, then some better tires.

• AaronBrown

Posted March 15, 2008 - 11:20 AM

Storm passed last night so i got to take it for a ride. The off idle hesitation is gone and the bike feels more powerful in the lower RPM range as well. I like the tank so far also. I filled it all the way up and I really didn't notice any difference in handling.

• martinfan30

Posted March 15, 2008 - 12:09 PM

Nice L, aaron! I really like my clarke 4.0 also.

• AaronBrown

Posted March 15, 2008 - 12:17 PM

Thanks, did you ever figure anything out about those thin spots? I looked over mine before I mounted it but I couldn't find anything wrong.

• martinfan30

Posted March 15, 2008 - 12:32 PM

I got an email back from clarke and they told me that its normal and if it isnt leaking now, it wont.:confused:

So, i'll run it and if it burns me up.... It'll be called martinfan/clarke manufacturing!:excuseme:

• Bibleman

Posted March 15, 2008 - 03:56 PM

I'm glad you called the factory Martinfan. I would think that something as consistent as that must be from normal manufacturing processes of some sort. As I mentioned, my home made experiments give me the impression that the dimples are not very thin at all:prof: . Furthermore, since they are in an area that really does not touch or rub anything else I wouldn't think they'd develop a leak. I'm not worried about it at all.:confused:

Related Content

Reviews

Honda XR650L 2016 by Chris.GVS

Honda XR650L 2016
  • - - - - -
  • 0 reviews
Wiki
Want to add a kickstart to your XR650L?  Here's how - last post by clc3251

Want to add a kickstart to your XR650L? Here's how

Articles
  • 0 replies
Forums
Photo

XR650L super moto wheels by greggkklee

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Honda   XR600/650
  • Hot  28 replies
Forums
Photo

DirttyPig 2005 Xr650l Prroject! by braapmebb1moretime

• 22 replies
Forums
Photo

ignitech programmable XR650L CDI by brianhare

• Hot  60 replies

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.