Replacing just one cam with Hotcams could be bad?

4 replies to this topic
  • plebarton

Posted March 14, 2008 - 12:08 PM

Hey guys, I was riding my wr400 the other day and fell on a hill climb. Funny enough, i fell on the clutch and the compression release leaver. Both levers depressed causing the engine to keep running and the cylinder to slam into the exhaust valve associated with the compression release. After installing the new valve, I got the inclination to replace the stock exhaust cam with one of the Hotcams exhaust cams. I dont want to replace both the cams and am wondering if there would be any downside to only replacing one? Has anyone done this, or suggest something better. I am really tired of the compression release and would like to do away with it.

• PBDBLUE

Posted March 14, 2008 - 12:38 PM

Tried it on my 426 and the result was it was totally gutless on the low end. Much worse than stock.:thumbsup:

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • ajetmech

Posted March 14, 2008 - 02:21 PM

Hand/roost gaurds are a must out in the Desert. They save your knuckles from the brust and rocks from the guy in front of you most importantly they help save levers from falls. 60 to 90 bucks well spent

• maxtherat

Posted March 14, 2008 - 09:09 PM

I put both cams on my 01, but there is no problem at all with just using the exhaust cam. If you are not comfortable with it then just put on a 03 450 cam from either a yz or a wr depending on what kind of power delivery you want.

• redrocket190

Posted March 15, 2008 - 08:47 AM

Have just the Hot Cams exhaust cam installed. Runs fine.

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.