How many kicks did it take to get yours out of Hibernation??

14 replies to this topic
  • bparsel1

Posted March 14, 2008 - 10:31 AM

Hey everyone,

I just woke the WR last night from a long winters nap! She fired second kick and was idling perfect!:thumbsup:

Then I sat back, had a beer and watched my buddy work up a sweat kicking his XR400 pig for about a half hour!!! :eek:

• tweav

Posted March 14, 2008 - 10:41 AM

my wr did not sit all winter . I've been running it every day it was not snowing and some that it was . It will be great when I can ride without a ton of gear on.:thumbsup: I did almost 1100miles on mine since november.

• bparsel1

Posted March 14, 2008 - 10:46 AM

I'm jealous of anybody who gets to ride all winter long!:thumbsup:

• erickdj

Posted March 14, 2008 - 11:05 AM

I'm jealous of anybody who gets to ride all winter long!:thumbsup:

I have some of the best riding during the winter, the weather is so nice I can't help it, I just have to ride. The only downside is that I can't ride at the woods places I like to ride. The woods riding is only good between the second half of september and the end of october when the first rain starts to fall. Then it gets snowy and too damn cold to ride the woods. So I have to stay below 3000ft elevation from november to the end of april. The good news is that unless it's raining pretty hard I can still ride at several other places. So my bikes get no breaks at all for winter, they get USED year round.

• 07RMZ450RC4ME

Posted March 14, 2008 - 11:09 AM

My brand new RMZ400 took about 20 kicks when it was about 45-50 degrees. One kick when warm.

• JSanfilippo

Posted March 14, 2008 - 12:38 PM

If I let it sit for a couple weeks...3-4 kicks tops. The only reason why it takes that long is because I don't twist the throttle 2 times to prime the engine.

I have been known to kick w/out either turning on the ignition or the gas. Yes it makes me look like a retard

• CORider63

Posted March 14, 2008 - 12:42 PM

If I let it sit for a couple weeks...3-4 kicks tops. The only reason why it takes that long is because I don't twist the throttle 2 times to prime the engine.

I have been known to kick w/out either turning on the ignition or the gas. Yes it makes me look like a retard

Ahh, you pre-heat your cylinder, too? :thumbsup:

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • erickdj

Posted March 14, 2008 - 12:56 PM

I haven't seen him personally doing that, but I can pretty much picture it in my head. :lol: :ride: :eek: :D :ride:

• TwoSe7en

Posted March 14, 2008 - 01:02 PM

havent ridden in 8 months (football and winter) and new top end she fired up 3rd kick. it was music to my ears to that thing go thump thump hahhaha

• ajetmech

Posted March 14, 2008 - 02:16 PM

Out in the Desert we ride and race all winter long summer is our down time it get 110 to 120 deg F

• 2lcf

Posted March 14, 2008 - 03:23 PM

ZERO..............I just push the little red button on the right handle bar......:thumbsup: :eek:

• JSanfilippo

Posted March 14, 2008 - 04:04 PM

Gets the oil circulating! Cuts down on the damage caused by dry starts :D

:eek:

• JSanfilippo

Posted March 14, 2008 - 04:05 PM

ZERO..............I just push the little red button on the right handle bar......:thumbsup: :eek:

So you hit the kill switch to start the bike? The starter button should be grey:excuseme:

• 2lcf

Posted March 15, 2008 - 07:40 PM

So you hit the kill switch to start the bike? The starter button should be grey:excuseme:

Opps..........alittle too much vodka when I wrote that..........thanks:bonk:

• Nova1194

Posted March 15, 2008 - 08:01 PM

My all original 2001 YZ426 took only 6 kicks to light up last weekend, after sitting since october.

Mike

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.