yzing a wr

1 reply to this topic
  • 708ai

Posted March 14, 2008 - 10:23 AM

Hi guys
I have a 06 wr 450, I removed to ais, did the cut outs in the air box, clipped grey wire, pmb insert, jd jetting, zip ty, throttle stop , my bike dosent seem to have it. When i am holding a steady throttle it dosnt go smoothly it has pauses then goes pauses then goes and so one. Dont know how to fix this. also I rode buddys crf450r and loved the power and response. I know they are differnt bikes but how can or can I make my wr like the yz but keep the electric start. Thank you

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • William1

Posted March 14, 2008 - 10:27 AM

Did you folloew the JD jetting instructions to a 'T'? From what you describe (the surging), my first guess would be a little rich on the needle. I'd move the clip two positions towards the flat/top of the needle and retest.

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.