pop-pop, fiz-fiz, can u telll me what jetting is?

1 reply to this topic
  • xrracer36

Posted November 04, 2002 - 03:23 AM

thanks in advance for any help.
i am working on a 1990 mojave. it runs better with half choke or rear of carb blocked up. sounds too lean, correct? the main jet had a # of 132 on it. i looked at a schematic, and that is the smallest # for that jet you can get. that mean leaner than stock? starter jet is a 55 (top # in list) it backfires some, and when it does the flame inside the pipe is yellow, almost white. the flame on my bro's yz400 is yellow, and the flame on mine is blue when it backfires. (if that has anything to do with it?)
thanks again
racer36 :)

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • MN_Kevin

Posted November 04, 2002 - 04:53 AM

start w/ an ULTRA THOROUGHLY CLEANED carb.

Use the standard jetting as listed in the kawasaki parts fiche, or your friendly, local Kaw shop.

Yes, the condition you described sounds brutally lean.

Also check the float height.

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.