Question about top tripple clamp with xr600s

2 replies to this topic
  • ysr50speed

Posted March 13, 2008 - 09:41 PM

Alright I ordered the gpr stabalizer (they ended up being back ordered). Anyways they said it was for a 97 and newer xr600. Mines an 94 and the tripple clamp and bar mounts or cast into one clamp. I was wondering if the 97 had removable bar mounts and thats why its for a 97 and newer? If that is correct can I just take a 97 and new tripple and place it on the 94? Also will the xr400 or any other models fit?

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • cleonard

Posted March 14, 2008 - 07:01 AM

Honda lists the same part number for 93 through 2000. I'd say it will fit fine.

• asf

Posted March 15, 2008 - 08:30 AM

Not only that but I have used 97 XR600r triples on my 89 XR600r and off a 98 XR650L and they all bolted up fine. When off the bike I couldn't "See" a difference. If there is a different part number, it is probably due to color and material, and perhaps for the L a tapped hole for the speedo. Other than that they look identical to me.

Related Content

Which thumper motor for a street tracker? by woz

Dirt Bike   General Dirt Bike Forums   General Dirt Bike Discussion
  • * * * * -
  • Hot  29 replies

Fell Off Trailer by usafxr

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Honda   XR600/650
  • Hot  43 replies

2015 XR650L Squeaking noise by Crayjay

• 1 reply

FCR40 Tuning Woes- XR600R by aTuWitty

• Hot  37 replies

1993 XR600R rebuild by ove

• Hot  40 replies

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.