MY ASS HURTS! (new bike) I need soft foam? :(

10 replies to this topic
  • joecallan

Posted February 03, 2001 - 09:16 AM

Doesn't your ass hurt? I rode my 2000 dual sport from San Luis Obispo to Ventura (3hrs) and I thought my ass was bleeding when I arrived. I tried riding leaning back, forward, on one ass cheak to the other, and only standing up worked. So, I took the cover off the foam and drilled a S. load of holes (not all the way through the foam and it helped quite a bit but I'm thinking of going in and drilling it some more or buying new seat foam.

Any one know where to get NICE SOFT SEAT FOAM? :)

• Guest_Guest_*

Posted February 03, 2001 - 10:15 PM

Chec out baja designs. They have an after market foam that is suposed to be softer. There are other posts on the subject. read through them.

• Guest_Guest_*

Posted February 03, 2001 - 12:03 PM

I just installed the guts racing seat foam, and it is much softer. I also took about an inch to get me lower to the ground ( that verticaly challenged thing ) . Total cost= $50.

• Bill

Posted February 03, 2001 - 01:25 PM

Be grateful to be riding. I grew up in SLO and now live in Pennsylvania. I'm still waiting for the ground to thaw :)

You might try bicycling shorts also.

86TT225, 99WR, WR timing, throttle stop trimmed, air box lid removed, White Bros head pipe, silencer and air filter. Odometer and headlight removed. Moose hand and mud guards. YZ stock tank and IMS seat. Renthal Jimmy Button "highs" and Renthal Soft half waffle grips. AMA, SETRA.

• mcarp

Posted February 03, 2001 - 09:11 PM

The GUTS foam is really nice. I *think* the CEET brand soft foam is the same stuff. Best $50 ergonomic dollars ever spent on this bike.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • MN_Kevin

Posted February 04, 2001 - 02:29 AM

The IMS seat is manufactured by CEET.

The trick to preventing sore ass is to have your Wife (OR in Howard Huge's case - BOYFRIEND) slap it alot, and I mean ALOT. This will allow the nerve endings to "toughen up". It is your body's way of "Defending" itself. :)

'99 WZ with all YZ mods, FMF PowerBomb header, Stroker SX-1 silencer, SS front brake line, forked over by Pro-Action, OEM YZ tank and IMS seat.

• Guest_Guest_*

Posted February 05, 2001 - 10:05 PM

Sir: I used a Factory FX brand soft seat foam and my hiney has never felt so good, um, so to speak...and to think I used to gripe about my XR400 seat being too hard...

• William

Posted February 06, 2001 - 05:41 PM

Come on girls, the bike was made to haul ass stand up a little, and loose a little weight.
Roost on

2000 WR400F
2000 EC 300
2000 TTR 125L
2000 TTR 90
1999 750 Katana

• MN_Kevin

Posted February 07, 2001 - 11:51 AM

Don't let those guys fool you, they ARE NOT Scotsman and they ARE NOT wearing kilts. I have never seen a paisley kilt anyways, but then again, I am not from Scotland. :)

• WR400inOZ

Posted February 07, 2001 - 01:50 PM

My first major ride saw a severe case of monkey butt x John Wayne walk! I suppose if you have a trials bike then you can stand up the whole time.. but try standing up for 6 hours covering 130kms! No can do. I have found bike shorts underneath work pretty well. Except when its hot.. last Sunday.. 37 degrees!
Whats snow look like? LoL

I havent found anywhere in Oz that sells this softer foam. Might have to buy online from baja.?

• joecallan

Posted February 08, 2001 - 09:27 PM

I'm as skinny as they get and I'm not going to stand up down the freeway.

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.