looking at picking up a XR650l

3 replies to this topic
  • Bluemarlin04

Posted March 13, 2008 - 03:58 PM

I got a lead on a bike. 2003 model thats got the basic upgrades, tank, sprocket, pipe, handguards, etc. Has 14k miles.
how much should I be looking at for it? Is 2500 a good price for it? thats probably what I can score it for. Thanks for the help./

• martinfan30

Posted March 13, 2008 - 04:42 PM

I got a lead on a bike. 2003 model thats got the basic upgrades, tank, sprocket, pipe, handguards, etc. Has 14k miles.
how much should I be looking at for it? Is 2500 a good price for it? thats probably what I can score it for. Thanks for the help./

Thats Ok. Maybe offer 2200. Although you could find a mid-late 90's L with more upgrades/mods for 1500... They havent changed much over the years, mainly BNG.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Motosprtman

Posted March 14, 2008 - 10:19 AM

with all the popular 650L mods 2500 sounds about right... considering ones investment and labor etc.

the 1993 one I am working on has about 1,500 into it in parts, consdiering I bought an engine and a frame for 200.00 (no front wheel - bad rear wheel, bad tank, seat side covers, no rear fender, no instruments, wiring harness was cut up.

Good News is - it runs like a top and fired up on the very first attempt! just like my 2005. Another good part of the 1993 is that it has a new head, valves, piston and rings and runs strong. I of course did the carb mods, as follows, (my own recipe) DJ 165 main, 55 pilot, stock needle with shim, drilled slide. Uni air filter. Snorkle was long gone. I also installed a new FMF Q2 pipe on it. I have also installed a new tank, nice seat, XR400 Acerbis front fender, sanno small tail light, Dunlop 606's mounted on a set of wheels off of a 03 model, new brake pads, new front brake line, new chain and sprockets and guides (DID O ring chain), new throttle tube and cables, new HONDA OEM grips, NEW left and right controls, tons of new hardware, Works Connection Frame Guards, Baja Designs skidplate (on order and seat cover too) all serviced too, fresh oil, fork oil, tc etc etc...

I was going to sell it once done, but now it has grown on me... LOL. I call it my "Baja Buggy" ... I think my other one is jealous....

My bottom line point is that IF I did sell it I would ask 2,500.00,

Before and after pictures this weekend!

• Denn10

Posted March 14, 2008 - 01:34 PM

for an 03 maybe a few hundo less only cuz the miles, not that its alot but when i got mine with only 9k i paid right around that too. id wiggle the buttons with a few crisp Benjamins in his face and see what happens.

Related Content

Forums
Photo
Washington

Cle Elum Sunday 5/29: Looking for dual sport tips by TigerTanker

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Regional Discussion   Northwest
  • Hot  32 replies
Forums
Photo

2015 XR650L Squeaking noise by Crayjay

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Honda   XR600/650
  • 3 replies
Forums
Photo

XR650L super moto wheels by greggkklee

• Hot  28 replies
Forums
Photo

93 xr650l Restoration Project by Zigster

• 17 replies
Wiki
Want to add a kickstart to your XR650L?  Here's how - last post by clc3251

Want to add a kickstart to your XR650L? Here's how

Articles
  • 0 replies

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.