07 Wr 450 Hard starting and dies

4 replies to this topic
  • RAZ227

Posted March 13, 2008 - 02:27 PM

Hey all you 07 Wr 450 people!!

Have any of you experienced this:

#1. Bike has a problem starting with the e-start and kick start then wait a couple secs and it fires right up. Then when I'm just about to take off it dies:foul: Then, I try again, and sometimes it pops/backfires while tryng to start. The funny thing about it is, if I get the bike started and it allows me to ride it, it runs nice and strong, but as soon as I slow down for a tight corner and there are no revs; it will cut out.:thumbsup:

This just started last week out of the blue, so I took it to my guy b/c I thought it needed the valves adjusted. The good thing was the valves were dead on after almost 1 year of riding 2-3 times a week :eek: He pulled the carb apart and it was dirty, so he cleaned it and put a new thottle screw in it but it's still acting up. He's going to pick the bike up and drop off a loaner, but I'm just curious if any of you are/have expeienced this.

Thanks for your time reading this.

Rob

• Frostbite

Posted March 13, 2008 - 02:46 PM

Hey all you 07 Wr 450 people!!

Have any of you experienced this:

#1. Bike has a problem starting with the e-start and kick start then wait a couple secs and it fires right up. Then when I'm just about to take off it dies:foul: Then, I try again, and sometimes it pops/backfires while tryng to start. The funny thing about it is, if I get the bike started and it allows me to ride it, it runs nice and strong, but as soon as I slow down for a tight corner and there are no revs; it will cut out.:thumbsup:

This just started last week out of the blue, so I took it to my guy b/c I thought it needed the valves adjusted. The good thing was the valves were dead on after almost 1 year of riding 2-3 times a week :eek: He pulled the carb apart and it was dirty, so he cleaned it and put a new thottle screw in it but it's still acting up. He's going to pick the bike up and drop off a loaner, but I'm just curious if any of you are/have expeienced this.

Thanks for your time reading this.

Rob

Check the crankcase breather hose, it may be plugged. My 07 was doing the exact same thing the past 2 days, stalling at low RPM. I thought my jetting was rich since it warmed up a bit, but last night my valve cover popped out under pressure. My vent hose was plugged (with ice, but plugged is plugged) where it enters the airbox.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • C-P

Posted March 13, 2008 - 02:49 PM

Also check fuel supply? Clogged screen? Or jets?

• William1

Posted March 13, 2008 - 03:10 PM

Check the fuel tank vent. Easy test is to remove the cap.

Also, drain the float bowl, may have to remove the pilot jet and give it a good cleaning.

• RAZ227

Posted March 13, 2008 - 03:23 PM

Thanks guys!!:thumbsup:

I'll check everything you mentioned. I hope something works. It's pretty darn frustrating

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.