O-ring mod without taking carb off??

8 replies to this topic
  • Summit

Posted March 13, 2008 - 08:36 AM

Looks like you could do the O ring mod on the right side of the carb without removing it completely. Looks like a couple torx screws holding the cover on and that's it. Correct?

• headhunter622

Posted March 13, 2008 - 09:17 AM

ya i did mine with out taking off the carb. I used a small pic to reach in there and streatch it around the AP linkage wasnt too hard at all.

• William1

Posted March 13, 2008 - 09:20 AM

Not torx, Allen bolts.

As headhunter622 states, it is easy to do using a pick or a pair of needle nose pliers.

• cbrandt

Posted March 13, 2008 - 01:31 PM

What year bikes are you guys working on? I would like to know how to do the o ring on my 07 without pulling everything apart, but i'm guessing that you guys are taliking about the steel frame bikes.

Chris

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • headhunter622

Posted March 13, 2008 - 04:52 PM

mine is a 2000 400 i just had to take the ignition coil off to get the side cover off the carb. From there you can see everything you need to get to for the o-ring mod. Im not sure if its any harder to get to the side of the carb on an aloy framed bike...???

• William1

Posted March 13, 2008 - 05:08 PM

No, I just did an alloy framed bike. If you use a ball end allen wrench, it is only a little difficult to remove the cover over the throttle wheel.

• Gary Murray

Posted March 13, 2008 - 07:23 PM

What size 0-ring should I buy? I do not want an entire jetting kit because I am already jetted.

• headhunter622

Posted March 13, 2008 - 08:07 PM

I just went to the local hare store that had an asortment of O rings. The size i got was 1 centemeter (i think it was a centemeter im not fuch of a metric man....LOL) from out side to outside. They had a little ruler there to measure bolts with that i used. The o ring just rolled onto the AP timing screw kinda snug but not all that tight. I then just took a pick and streatched it around the AP linkage. The O ring costed all of 25 cents.

The mod definatley made it squirt harder I still need to mess with the timing of the AP and maybe go a little leaner of the pilot jet. I was able to load up the engine a little while I was riding it and just slightley blurping the throttle...

• William1

Posted March 13, 2008 - 08:43 PM

In plumbing vernacular, it is #78

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.