Did I miss any parts?

3 replies to this topic
  • ysr50speed

Posted March 12, 2008 - 10:38 PM

Alright well I bought a bunch of stuff to rebuild my 94 xr600. It already has a white bros slip on, airfilter, dual sport light kit, and a rear ss brake line. The parts I order are:
TIRES AND WHEELS
Black Excel front rim and spokes
Black Excel Rear rim and spokes
Front and rear wheel bearing kit

SUSPENSION:
Front and rear race tech gold valve kits
Stiffer front race tech springs
Fork seals
gpr stabalizer
Swing arm bearing kit
Linkage Bearing kit

BRAKES
Front and rear master cylinder rebuild kits
Front and Rear caliper rebuild kits
Front and rear brake pads
SS Front Brake line

ENGINE:
Magnetic drain plug
complete engine gasket set
Throttle and clutch cables

FRAME:
works connection frame guards
W.C. skid plate

Its late so I know I am missing some stuff. I plan on ordering asv levers tomorrow. I'll pick up common stuff like oil, tubes and tires when the stuff comes in. I haven't ordered much engine parts because I am going to tear it down and not sure what I need to order yet. I wanted to keep the engine pretty much stock. I'm just trying to rebuild everything so I know what I am starting with. I have a small list of other stuff I want to order but can't find it at the moment. So out of this list does anyoen have any advice on more parts to order? Thanks for any help

• Denn10

Posted March 13, 2008 - 10:59 AM

all i can say is DAMNNNNN sounds like fun!! Now did ya have to sell the YSR50 to afford all that?? remember a buddy had one when i was in HS that was a fun little bike and i almost bought it from him but i lived out of town in the country so the highway wasnt the place for a stocker when its hard to roll around 55.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • ysr50speed

Posted March 13, 2008 - 09:35 PM

No I didn't sell the ysr. Acually have a bunch of those little bikess. Pretty fun bikes. I got cost+10% on all motorcycle parts through a store so I get a nice discount otherwise I wouldn't order all those parts. Very sad...the gpr stabalizer is on backorder for 3 months....anyone like the scotts?

• Coolidge

Posted March 14, 2008 - 04:58 AM

Post some pics of the bike when you get your stuff. I just installed Excels w/Talon hubs, Talon Groovelite sprocket set, new DID chain. I really like the Excels. I got the gold rims for a sweet deal, but my 1st choice would have been the black rims. I hope to fit a $tabilizer on mine soon too. Good Luck!
Posted Image
Posted Image

Related Content

Forums
Photo
Supercross

Supercross Preview 2017 Part 1: Championship Contenders by Chris Cooksey

Dirt Bike   Special Interest Forums   Pro Racing
  • Hot  141 replies
Reviews

Honda XR650L 2017 by Chris.GVS

Honda XR650L 2017
  • - - - - -
  • 0 reviews
Reviews

Honda XR650L 2016 by Chris.GVS

Honda XR650L 2016
  • - - - - -
  • 0 reviews
Forums
Photo

93 xr650l Restoration Project by Zigster

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Honda   XR600/650
  • 17 replies
Forums
Photo

2015 XR650L Squeaking noise by Crayjay

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Honda   XR600/650
  • 3 replies

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.