About 22 miles a gallon

4 replies to this topic
  • IBLucky

Posted March 12, 2008 - 10:30 PM

On my 07 wr450 with stock gearing and pipe jetted and free mods, I get around 22mi per gallon,
and I was reading over at Husqvarna 4stroke they are getting around double that 40+ with EFI is there that much difference? between carburation and EFI
??? I can't imagin there is...

• tweav

Posted March 13, 2008 - 03:22 AM

It depends on where and how your riding . but that is very poor vs. my 07 wr450 with the super moto setup on it I've got as high as 54 mpg out of it but that is on the road regeared and rejetted on a dyno. in the trails with the knobbies I get 36- 42 mpg .I just think you need to get your bike tuned .

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • djv5

Posted March 13, 2008 - 05:36 AM

I get about 45mpg trail & dual sport riding.

I can go 100 miles on the stock 2003 gas tank before switching over to reserve. We ride single track, whoops, street, and gravel roads up to 75 mph.

My bike has the James Dean jet kit, Yoshimura RS-3 full exhaust, and 15-50 gearing.

• KennyMc

Posted March 13, 2008 - 05:40 AM

California desert riding I get ~35 miles / gallon on my '07

• kevinwr450f

Posted March 13, 2008 - 06:11 AM

I have to switch to reserve at around 30 miles...time for a bigger tank...

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.