honda and yamaha hubs

4 replies to this topic
  • fastback959

Posted March 12, 2008 - 07:38 PM

any one know if i can fit a 04 cr450 rim and hub on a yzf426?? the rim size is the same but i don't know if the hub size is the same.... :thumbsup:

• KJ790

Posted March 12, 2008 - 07:52 PM

I doubt you can easily do it. The key fitting points to a hub are the distance from the center to the rotor/sprocket, the axle diameter, and the distance between the fork lugs/swingarm depending on if it is front or rear. It is easy to get bearings from a bearing shop that will make the right axle size if it is different, and wheel spacers can by made easily on a lathe. The biggest issue is the spacing of the rotor and sprocket. If you can make them fit correctly, then you can make the wheel fit.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • gbalias

Posted March 12, 2008 - 08:25 PM

no go.

the hondas have a 32 hole hub in rear.

not to mention the issues stated by KJ, plus the difference in diameter of the swingarm opening.

• KJ790

Posted March 12, 2008 - 08:37 PM

no go.

the hondas have a 32 hole hub in rear.

not to mention the issues stated by KJ, plus the difference in diameter of the swingarm opening.

He said rim and hub, so the number of spokes is not an issue.

• wheeldude

Posted March 13, 2008 - 05:10 AM

Hondas use a 25mm rear axle and the YZ uses a 22mm rear axle. This along with what KJ talked about should have you thinking "I need a YZ hub" .WD

Related Content

Forums
Photo

Michigan Motocross Tires by 288yz450

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Regional Discussion   North
  • 1 reply
Forums
Photo

Snake pit oct 30th by The Anvil

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Regional Discussion   California
  • Hot  293 replies
Forums
Photo

YZ450F 03 Sparks driving me crazy by SirAttard

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   YZ 400/426/450
  • 5 replies
Forums
Photo

yz250x vs 450 4t comparisons (preferably desert riding) needed by JakeNorthrupYZ450F

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   Yamaha 2-Stroke
  • 9 replies
Forums
Photo
Motocross

Thinking about Yamaha 250... by Arctic Pride

Dirt Bike   Special Interest Forums   Pro Racing
  • Hot  491 replies

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.