I apologize in advance (another carb mod question)

5 replies to this topic
  • Leget

Posted March 12, 2008 - 06:45 PM

OK, I’ve got an ’07 XR650L and I’ve removed the smog stuff, I did the Carb mods per Dave’s instructions, removed the snorkel, and replaced the filter.

I only have one problem; I don’t know/remember where one of the carb hoses goes.
I’ve searched this site and others and I cannot find the specific info that I’m looking for.

The hose I’m confused on is the one on the left hand side just above the float bowl, where is this hose supposed to go? (It’s the largest hose on the carb and I can’t even remember where it went originally.)

After I figure out where this hose is supposed to go and I pick up the correct main jet tomorrow, phase one of the XR650L mods will be complete! Then I can start planning Phase 2!

Sorry again, but thanks for your help,
Michael

• dldavis_66

Posted March 12, 2008 - 07:00 PM

The hose I’m confused on is the one on the left hand side just above the float bowl, where is this hose supposed to go? (It’s the largest hose on the carb and I can’t even remember where it went originally.)

That hose connects to the flood drain vent. The hose just runs straight down, connects to the upper vent hose, and then down to the bottom of the frame. In the event of the carb getting flooded it just drains excess fuel down away from everything. Doesn't affect performance at all, but you should hook it back up.

• Leget

Posted March 12, 2008 - 07:19 PM

Thanks for the quick reply...just to make sure we are talking about the same hose.
Are you talking about the one that's labelled to F-14?
I have the other (smaller) vent/overflow hoses hooked up.

Posted Image

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Leget

Posted March 12, 2008 - 07:39 PM

Holy crap I feel like an idiot...it's the fuel supply hose.

I've got the fuel tank off and I was trying to tidy everything up...it's been a long day/week.
Who would have ever dreamed that you need to have a hose going from the tank to the carb. :thumbsup:

Thats what happens when you spend to much time wrenching and not enough time riding.

• martinfan30

Posted March 12, 2008 - 08:37 PM

Holy crap I feel like an idiot...it's the fuel supply hose.

I've got the fuel tank off and I was trying to tidy everything up...it's been a long day/week.
Who would have ever dreamed that you need to have a hose going from the tank to the carb. :eek:

Thats what happens when you spend to much time wrenching and not enough time riding.

I have to give you a little shit!:ride: I read your post about where the nipple on the carb was, and I thought the only one on that side bigger than the rest is the fuel inlet!

No prob., at least you acknowledged your mistake.:thumbsup: As I did myself with a previous jetting thread! :D

• Leget

Posted March 13, 2008 - 02:48 AM

I have to give you a little shit!:D I read your post about where the nipple on the carb was, and I thought the only one on that side bigger than the rest is the fuel inlet!

No prob., at least you acknowledged your mistake.:thumbsup: As I did myself with a previous jetting thread! :eek:

Hey thanks for being easy on me....I'm the first to admit when I screw up.
If I would have purchased the correct jet and re-assembled the bike I think I would have discovered where that hose went.
But...since I got the wrong jet I left all the body work off, and just replaced the carb. I wanted to make sure all I knew where to put all the hoses. I was determined that I would have everything nice and tidy before I threw in the towel for the night....the missing tank threw me off.
I hope to get the correct main jet today.

Related Content

Forums
Photo

Would a Young Scott Summers still be Competitive today on an XR600R? What would he ride to be competitive today? by Jayzonk

Dirt Bike   Special Interest Forums   Pro Racing
  • Hot  158 replies
Forums
Photo

Wiseco 101MM Spark Knock Low Engine Temps by imandrewparks

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Honda   XR600/650
  • 7 replies
Forums
Photo

93 xr650l Restoration Project by Zigster

• 17 replies
Forums
Photo

ignitech programmable XR650L CDI by brianhare

• Hot  60 replies
Forums
Photo

Fell Off Trailer by usafxr

• Hot  43 replies

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.