Vapor damage by sunlight

5 replies to this topic
  • jdubb75

Posted March 12, 2008 - 10:13 AM

Okay, so I was reading through my Vapor manual at lunch and saw that it says not to expose to direct sunlight while you are not riding. Here's the deal...I rode to work and it's setting outside right now in the sun. What am I supposed to do, seek out shade every place I want to park it?

Has anybody had any trouble with the sun damaging your Vapor? I don't know what it would do to it. I've had other bikes with lcd speedos and the sun didn't damage them.

Any thoughts?

• J_T

Posted March 12, 2008 - 10:16 AM

I've left LCD watches in the sun and they dimmed and some eventually came back? I remember reading that but haven't thought much about it since Its not much of an issue...but when I do park outside for errands I leave something over it like my gloves or something. I just didn't want anyone to lift my computer off of my home-made mount because its universal for all bikes? Never heard of it getting stolen...but its valuable to me.

• xr1million

Posted March 12, 2008 - 10:17 AM

I know some LCD displays "bleed" out when exposed to direct sunlight for long periods, but the display will come back to normal after it cools down or is out of direct sun light. I dont think it will permanently hurt it...

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • jeanluconze

Posted March 12, 2008 - 10:30 AM

park in the sun and put a rag over it.

• jdubb75

Posted March 12, 2008 - 10:54 AM

park in the sun and put a rag over it.

Yeah, I can just throw my gloves over the top of it. I was just wondering if anybody has actually had theirs damaged by the sun and and what happened to it. :thumbsup:

• J_T

Posted March 12, 2008 - 02:24 PM

Yeah, I can just throw my gloves over the top of it. I was just wondering if anybody has actually had theirs damaged by the sun and and what happened to it. :thumbsup:

To answer your question...I haven't had any trouble.

I did have areas of the screen quit reading unless you pressed on the edge in a particular place...but I sent it back under warranty and they replaced it and I've put the replacement through more than the first one ever saw without issues?

Sorry I can't help more?

Related Content

Forums
Photo

93 xr650l Restoration Project by Zigster

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Honda   XR600/650
  • 17 replies
Forums
Photo

DirttyPig 2005 Xr650l Prroject! by braapmebb1moretime

• 22 replies
Forums
Photo

2015 XR650L Squeaking noise by Crayjay

• 3 replies
Reviews

Honda XR650L 2017 by Chris.GVS

Honda XR650L 2017
  • - - - - -
  • 0 reviews
Wiki
Want to add a kickstart to your XR650L?  Here's how - last post by clc3251

Want to add a kickstart to your XR650L? Here's how

Articles
  • 1 reply

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.