First ride 07 WR450

9 replies to this topic
  • Gary Murray

Posted March 11, 2008 - 07:08 PM

Sold my 06 WR450 last week and had seller's remorse until I got my new 07. Rode the new 07 this afternoon to break it in. Way glad I upgraded. It is more agile, better power delivery and gearing, and just fun to ride. The only negative is the sorry excuse for a seat. It is worse than riding a 2x6. I will definitely change it. But it is a great bike. It is uncorked and has WB pipe and jetting. It exceeded my expectations.

• muffinman

Posted March 11, 2008 - 07:13 PM

congrats on a great bike. if i was in the market for a 450 thats the bike i also would be buying:thumbsup: :thumbsup:

• strych9

Posted March 11, 2008 - 07:55 PM

i got mine a month ago and still havent ridden it.:eek:
spring just cant come any slower. but im rejetting, taking the stop screw/ais off tomorrow. along with adding a brake light/high beams. I will be getting my licence plate friday.:D

glad to hear you love the bike. Im sure im gonna love mine, especially when i get the 17" wheels(mid summer).:thumbsup:

• tweav

Posted March 11, 2008 - 08:07 PM

I've been running my 07 back and forth to work all winter long . mine's tagged and supermoto'd . but I can swap it to dirt in 30 minutes or so . have fun with your new bike . I know I am having fun with mine . if yours is anything like mine the jetting is completely wrong and the accel pump does not work for poo . I think the best money I spent on mine was rejetting/ dyno time or maybe the rd powerbowl

• CORider63

Posted March 11, 2008 - 09:52 PM

I took out my Walnut seat foam and installed Pine. :thumbsup:

Two solutions:

1. http://www.gutsracin.../yamahabuy.html

2. http://www.thumperta...ad.php?t=489610

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • C-P

Posted March 12, 2008 - 04:53 AM

i got mine a month ago and still havent ridden it.:eek:
spring just cant come any slower. but im rejetting, taking the stop screw/ais off tomorrow. along with adding a brake light/high beams. I will be getting my licence plate friday.:D

glad to hear you love the bike. Im sure im gonna love mine, especially when i get the 17" wheels(mid summer).:thumbsup:

I bought my 07 THREE months ago and haven't even started it yet! I sure hope it runs, cause I'm already out of warranty!!!

Spring's coming just as slow in MN...

• tarmac_terrorist

Posted March 12, 2008 - 06:15 AM

I bought my 07 THREE months ago and haven't even started it yet! I sure hope it runs, cause I'm already out of warranty!!!

Spring's coming just as slow in MN...

well blah. I bought mine last year and hav'nt riden it yet

The good news is, i am oh so close to riding my 07. Just getting a towbar fitted as i type and am picking up a trailer next week. A few lessons and off I go. This summer is going to be great. :thumbsup:

• splitpunk

Posted March 12, 2008 - 06:41 AM

I bought my 07 back in 06 right before thanksgiving and have put over a 1000 miles on it ya baby, I love my bike.:eek: Just resprung and reshocked it. Factory connection. I have fmf pipewith power bomb, re jetted asv levers and left all the smog stuff on but plugged it off so no one knows if they check it. All the free mods. She runs like a bat out of hell. Raced my buddy on a 650 honda and kicked his ass went 96 mph had more throtle left but no more balls!:D I had to back off. Like I said I love my 07Wr450.:thumbsup:

• CORider63

Posted March 12, 2008 - 06:53 AM

All of you with the new WR-450's may want to order a new front tire, now. Do a search on "front end washout" in this forum for more information. (Make absolutely sure that your sag is set correctly, as well. Otherwise even mild rides can be "exciting.")

• chrama1

Posted March 12, 2008 - 09:22 AM

Your supposed to sit when you ride? Dang! I knew I was doing something wrong.

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.