07 xr650l help

10 replies to this topic
  • gusbomb

Posted March 11, 2008 - 07:06 PM

looking to do somthing with the ugly taillight and plate holder. just looking for a few ideas.

• jonr3

Posted March 11, 2008 - 07:20 PM

I replaced the rear fender with a CRF450 fender, added a Baja Designs tail light/brake light, and replaced the turn signals with some small flush mount ones I found on ePay.

Posted Image

• martinfan30

Posted March 11, 2008 - 08:13 PM

I had the same idea.. Go with the CRF450 rear, and the XR400 front fenders.

Posted Image

• gusbomb

Posted March 12, 2008 - 03:17 AM

hey martinman i see u took off those stupid looking air scoops did that have any adverse cooling situations.

• martinfan30

Posted March 12, 2008 - 03:58 AM

hey martinman i see u took off those stupid looking air scoops did that have any adverse cooling situations.

Maybe 5 deg...

If you install an after market tank like my Clarke 4 gal, it eliminates the use of the elephant ears. I broke one once and it was 100 bucks to repl. from Honda... I just ripped em off and sold them.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Denn10

Posted March 12, 2008 - 09:06 AM

there $20 here http://www.procycle.us/main/dskit.htm scroll down a little and youll see the WPS right below the XR style light

Posted Image

• jeanluconze

Posted March 12, 2008 - 10:39 AM

[quote name='martinfan30']I had the same idea.. Go with the CRF450 rear, and the XR400 front fenders.

save $$$ and trim your stock fender back 3 to 4 inches. Rough cut the tip off at 2 inches back, then use the piece you just cut off to trace the new cut line so it's looks stock. Sand it down and use a small butane torch to just barely re-melt your final cut edge to give it the factory gloss look. Careful or it will burn and look like shit.

• evomx971

Posted March 12, 2008 - 12:49 PM

Anyone happen to be using the WPS or an XR style taillight in conjunction with a Promoto Billet rear rack? I bought one of the WPS lights after seeing how nice it looks on the stock fender, but once I got it I realize it's actually going to be tucked up under my promoto rack quite a bit. Hopefully there won't be a visibility issue, especially since I run a GIVI top case on the rack sometimes and it sticks back even further. Probably not since although it looks hidden with me looking at it, traffic sees it from a lower angle (except for maybe tall trucks, semis, etc?).

• larsk

Posted March 13, 2008 - 06:54 AM

I have the WPS light with Pro Moto billet rack and there is no problem

• Motosprtman

Posted March 13, 2008 - 07:27 AM

I bought the 20.00 light from procycle as Denn showed, got it quick and ez to connect and works fine and best of all looks sanno.

• Denn10

Posted March 13, 2008 - 10:49 AM

I bought the 20.00 light from procycle as Denn showed, got it quick and ez to connect and works fine and best of all looks sanno.

i need to get off my arse and order it also, it plugs right in right?? or do you have to cut the connectors off and wire/solder yourself?

Related Content

Reviews

Honda XR650L 2016 by Chris.GVS

Honda XR650L 2016
  • - - - - -
  • 0 reviews
Forums
Photo

2015 XR650L Squeaking noise by Crayjay

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Honda   XR600/650
  • 3 replies
Forums
Photo

ignitech programmable XR650L CDI by brianhare

• Hot  60 replies
Forums
Photo

XR650L super moto wheels by greggkklee

• Hot  28 replies
Reviews

Honda XR650L 2017 by Chris.GVS

Honda XR650L 2017
  • - - - - -
  • 0 reviews

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.