Kickstand Recommendations for '06 and up?

8 replies to this topic
  • Wiz636

Posted March 11, 2008 - 04:05 PM

Anybody have experience/feedback with PMB or Trail Tech kickstands?

I'm going to be doing quite a bit of course marking, etc for the Desert 100 up here so there will be lot's of on-and-off the bike stuff.

• Speedracer747-400

Posted March 11, 2008 - 04:48 PM

I have both the PMB and Trail Tech kickstands on two different bike. The PMB is all billet aluminum. The Trail Tech has a forged aluminum shaft and a chromoly steel mounting bracket. My friend is vertically challenged so he keeps the kickstand down while standing on the left peg and kicks the bike over. I only let him borrow the bike with the Trail Tech kickstand. The PMB won't hold up to that kind of abuse. The PMB costs more, but then it looks a little more trick. The Trail Tech is more industrial looking, but get the job done. There both very well made.

• YZfamily

Posted March 11, 2008 - 08:48 PM

Pro Moto Billet, period!

• hillclimbguy

Posted March 11, 2008 - 09:06 PM

go with the pmb

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • thewatt

Posted March 11, 2008 - 10:36 PM

pmb!!!!!!!! it's worth every penny. it tucks underneath the side plate and you can barley tell it's there.

• cbrewer450

Posted March 12, 2008 - 06:32 AM

PMB all the way. And mine holds up to me standing on it to kick start if needed.

• WB450

Posted March 12, 2008 - 07:19 AM

Pro Moto Billet, period!

^^^^^

Posted Image

• Wiz636

Posted March 12, 2008 - 08:09 AM

Thanks for all the responses everybody :thumbsup:

• xr-jorger

Posted March 12, 2008 - 01:47 PM

pmb!!!!!!!! it's worth every penny. it tucks underneath the side plate and you can barley tell it's there.

CANT TELL ITS THERE WHEN YOUR'E RIDING ANYWAY SO WHO CARES!!!!!!I went with the trailtech and it works great. No sense in throwing away good money just so "you cant tell its there".

Related Content

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.