will a 450 fit in a 05 wr250f frame?

4 replies to this topic
  • ww44wrf450f

Posted March 11, 2008 - 03:45 PM

Just thought I'd ask this question will a 06 wr450f motor fit in a 05 wr250f frame? The reason is to move up to a 450 and the laws have changed around here and the 05wr250f is already street plated - so i'M THINKING OF SWITCHING THE TWO MOTORS OUT?

• erickdj

Posted March 11, 2008 - 03:49 PM

Just thought I'd ask this question will a 06 wr450f motor fit in a 05 wr250f frame? The reason is to move up to a 450 and the laws have changed around here and the 05wr250f is already street plated - so i'M THINKING OF SWITCHING THE TWO MOTORS OUT?

It probably won't fit without some significant modifications to the frame/mounts. Anything is possible though, depends on how determined you are to do it. It probably won't be a 1/2 day 6-pack of beer easy job.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • ww44wrf450f

Posted March 11, 2008 - 03:54 PM

It probably won't fit without some significant modifications to the frame/mounts. Anything is possible though, depends on how determined you are to do it. It probably won't be a 1/2 day 6-pack of beer easy job.

yA, I realize it wouldn't be easy, it's that my beer belly needs more hp, and in Ontario they have made changes at the MTO.

• dirtysouth

Posted March 11, 2008 - 08:04 PM

yA, I realize it wouldn't be easy, it's that my beer belly needs more hp, and in Ontario they have made changes at the MTO.

Just switch the plate:excuseme:

• ww44wrf450f

Posted March 12, 2008 - 01:21 AM

Just switch the plate:excuseme:

That would be the easy way!, I think in Ontario that they have blacklisted this model has anybody in Ontario tried to plate a wrf since Oct. 2007?

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.