2008 WR450 two different models??

2 replies to this topic
  • sausage boy

Posted March 11, 2008 - 03:35 PM

i'm just in the process of buying an 08 WR450F, i've spoke with one dealer who asked me which model i want, the Dual Sport or the Competition. i was a bit baffled by this :thumbsup: as i thought there was only one model of the WR450F. any imput is much appreciated

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • erickdj

Posted March 11, 2008 - 03:51 PM

i'm just in the process of buying an 08 WR450F, i've spoke with one dealer who asked me which model i want, the Dual Sport or the Competition. i was a bit baffled by this :thumbsup: as i thought there was only one model of the WR450F. any imput is much appreciated

he probably thought you were asking for a wr250x or wr250r, still not the same as a wr250f. you are correct, there is only one model of wr450, the "f".

• jams229

Posted March 11, 2008 - 05:06 PM

Or the dealer may be referring to the same bike only modded or not.
In other words, the people who are going to use it for dual sporting will need to get the bike licensed, and the dealer will often time offer to do this for you.
The "competition" version is probably the modded bike, that is, the throttle stop, jetting, air box, gray wire, and pea shooter mods...

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.