Head Pipe Removal For Oil Change???

3 replies to this topic

Posted March 11, 2008 - 02:57 PM

DO I HAVE TO REMOVE THE HEAD PIPE ON MY 2000 WR 400 TO CHANGE MY OIL EVERYTIME??? OMG......................................:thumbsup:

• Speedracer747-400

Posted March 11, 2008 - 03:04 PM

You don't need to totally remove it. Just loosen it and push it up to gain access to the oil filter cover upper fwd bolt. Yamaha didn't fix this until 2001. Most aftermarket headers will clear without loosening them.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Alternative

Posted March 11, 2008 - 04:29 PM

If you get a stock header of a 2001+ WR/YZ426 then you won't have to loosen it to get to the oil filter. I've also read somewhere on here that you can twist the old headers out the way enough and bolt them up tight so there's just enough clearance to get to the top bolt without loosening it.

• ChazB

Posted March 11, 2008 - 05:19 PM

I have a 2006 wr 450f and it has a complete yoshimura pipe and I have to take it off to replace the oil filter. Kinda sucks because the head pipe is larger diameter than the stock, but what a difference it makes on the bike.

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.