Clarke YZ style seat & tank

6 replies to this topic
  • tp3dxf

Posted April 24, 2002 - 05:49 PM

I just ordered a Clark YZ style tank and an SDG seat for my 01WR426. I almost went with the IMS and hope I didn't make a mistake by not going that route. Does anyone else have this type of set up? If so is there any special tricks I should know about making this conversion? There will soon be a all black WR on the trails. Later.

• SMD

Posted April 24, 2002 - 06:42 PM

No tricks for me.......just enjoy a whole new
bike :)

Posted April 24, 2002 - 07:17 PM

I have that same setup on my WR. It has worked out great for me. It has been on for over a year now and both are holding up just fine. I don't think you will be dissappointed. No special tricks, just bolts right up! Enjoy.

[ April 24, 2002: Message edited by: PMAUST ]

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • robswr426

Posted April 25, 2002 - 04:24 PM

i love mine bolted right up .it's like a whole new bike :)

• Keener

Posted April 26, 2002 - 03:22 AM

Mine didn't go as easy as everyone else's did. In order to give the tank enough clearance at the frame mount, I had to use a grinder on the bolts that are welded to the frame. Just a little relief of those bolts made the tank very easy to remove and replace. This mod took 5 minutes.
I love the combo. It makes Blue (or Black in your case ) turn so much quicker.

• tp3dxf

Posted April 30, 2002 - 04:47 PM

My new Clarke tank needed some work to fit my bike. One of the tank mounts wasn't drilled properly. I had to re-drill it. Also once the mounts were in place it wouldn't fit over the frame mounting bolts. Rather then grind the bolts down I removed and trimmed the rubber grommet this gave me the clearance that I needed. My SDG seat doesn't have the best fit either. There is a lot of side to side slopp at the front of the seat. I doesn't slip far enough back on the tank mounting stud. This allows too much slopp at the seat and tank juncture. Overall the new riding position is much better then my stock set up. It really lets me get over the front end much better. I have to say that I am a little dissappointed with the Clark tank mounting trouble and the SDG slopp. The stock fit and finish is much better.

• omnivortex

Posted April 30, 2002 - 07:35 PM

My SDG seat was a little loose at first, but after a couple of long rides it tightened up!

go figure.

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.