07 wr450 ais help!!

6 replies to this topic
  • kevinwr450f

Posted March 11, 2008 - 09:13 AM

Thanks for the prior inputs. I have the block off plate installed and all ais equipment off. But where does the little metal plug(tt store bought kit) go? Thanks in advance

• JSanfilippo

Posted March 11, 2008 - 10:27 AM

There is the air box fitting which is roughly 1/2" in diameter then there is the fitting on the intake side of the head that is much smaller.

Get those two pluged because you do not want dirt getting into your engine

• kevinwr450f

Posted March 11, 2008 - 10:28 AM

Yeah, thanks I got it figured out. Did you see any performance gain?

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • JSanfilippo

Posted March 11, 2008 - 10:52 AM

Not really, but the engine area became nicer to look at :eek:

And now the next time I check the valves, I don't have to deal with removing hoses and getting the air valve out of the way :thumbsup:

• kevinwr450f

Posted March 11, 2008 - 11:00 AM

I also pulled the rest of the top of my air box out. I never saw the two screws holding on the plastic plate. Hopefully this will help.

• JSanfilippo

Posted March 11, 2008 - 12:10 PM

What have you done to the exhaust?

• kevinwr450f

Posted March 11, 2008 - 01:52 PM

I have an FMF TI Powercore slip on and rejetted courtsey of James Dean

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.