FMF TI PowerCore Fitment?

8 replies to this topic
  • RedBull420

Posted March 10, 2008 - 08:44 PM

I bought a FMF TI PowerCore slip-on for my 08 WR450 & was under the impression that it would fit onto the stock header (FMF part #044229). Am i right in assuming that? Currently when i slide this onto the stock header it is not a tight fit at all nor is there any kind of clap like the stock setup. Do i need a FMF header to make this work?

Posted Image

Posted Image

• KennyMc

Posted March 10, 2008 - 09:07 PM

I bought a FMF TI PowerCore slip-on for my 08 WR450 & was under the impression that it would fit onto the stock header (FMF part #044229). Am i right in assuming that? Currently when i slide this onto the stock header it is not a tight fit at all nor is there any kind of clap like the stock setup. Do i need a FMF header to make this work?

Posted Image

Posted Image

Mine came with an aluminum sleeve that fit into the pipe. Made for a real tight fit with no clamp.

• Tasman74

Posted March 10, 2008 - 09:09 PM

Hi

U should have been supplied with a couple of adapter sleeves to make the thing fit. I just purchased a FMF power core and it came with 2 sleeves. I had to use the thicker one on my 07 450...made a reasonable fit. I think u may need to contact the seller if the pipe was sold to fit for your 08.

Cheers Paul

• RedBull420

Posted March 10, 2008 - 09:09 PM

Sounds like that is the piece missing from the puzzle.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • RedBull420

Posted March 10, 2008 - 09:39 PM

Anyone know where these sleeves can be purchased outside of FMF directly?

• w00dsRider

Posted March 11, 2008 - 03:05 AM

I have an 06WR and a Power Core Ti and it slipped right on with no exhaust leaks. The installation instructions suggested high temp silicone if a leak was noticed. No such instructions came with yours?

• RedBull420

Posted March 11, 2008 - 05:51 AM

I bought my used and it came with no instructions.

• WGP

Posted March 11, 2008 - 06:19 AM

Call FMF, you will need the adapter with the 07 and later. Or you can buy the FMF header for a perfect fit.

• RedBull420

Posted March 11, 2008 - 07:19 AM

FMF is shipping the part today, thx all.

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.