On Line Source for YZ Throttle Stop Screw

7 replies to this topic
  • Kmorris

Posted March 10, 2008 - 07:32 PM

Greeting - does anyone know of an on line source for Yamaha or Kehnin Carb parts? I'm looking for a 2005 or (?) throttle stop screw for my 05 WR 450 F.

• Kmorris

Posted March 10, 2008 - 07:37 PM

Hum - I found the part number for the YZ screw in one of Clark4131 (thanks!) posts with some source links.

I'd be open to your thoughts about OEM on line parts though.

• CORider63

Posted March 10, 2008 - 09:45 PM

Cheapest place that I've found:

Good fiche search site. Good service, just a little higher priced:

• C-P

Posted March 11, 2008 - 12:20 AM

hmm...you're on it. Go to Thumpertalk OEM. If they don't have the parts #"s listed, www.yamaha-motor.com for parts #'s, then plug them into the TT parts search. Bammo, you're done. Bought a bunch of YZ carb parts for my W that way.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Kmorris

Posted March 11, 2008 - 08:43 AM

Thanks guys. I don't understand the membership fee part of TT OEM parts though.

• JSanfilippo

Posted March 11, 2008 - 10:53 AM

Or you could just cut the stop to 23.5mm total length :thumbsup:

• Kmorris

Posted March 11, 2008 - 12:39 PM

Howdy - I did cut mine to 23.5 mm however I must have actually cut off a bit more say 22.9 or so. What happens then is that the screw is too short and the carb will stumble at WOT. Or so mine does unless I place a little small rubber cap over the screw. So since I only go one chance at it I'm going to get another screw. I guess I should have measured twice...cut..

• byggd

Posted March 11, 2008 - 01:34 PM

the screw is too short and the carb will stumble at WOT

The screw being too short has also been known to cause the throttle to stick at WOT :thumbsup:

I didn't understand the membership fee for the OE TT store either but they saved my almost $40 on my 03 YZ cam alone so........

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.