anyone know if the swingarms are interchangeable.

4 replies to this topic
  • Tman

Posted November 02, 2002 - 02:24 PM

I have a 98 wr400 and was wondering if all the swingarms off all the different year bikes are interchangeable. I would like look into buying a used one but want to make sure if a different year wr or a yz swingarm would fit. Thanks

• Wyatt

Posted November 02, 2002 - 04:42 PM

Not sure,

i know there was a change in '02. The chain adjuster blocks are smaller because the swingarm is narrower, and the shock lingage bolt is lower because the shock is longer.

So......all I know is that the '02 is different than previous models. I don't know what years are compatable with your 98. I did see a few on ebay lately so if you are in the market, you may want to check that out.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • freestyle111

Posted November 02, 2002 - 08:08 PM

you can change 98 with 99 but you would also have to change rear wheel and spacers.98 has smaller diameter rear axle.wr\yz's 99&up have axle 2mm greater in diameter than 98 models.

• SoCalWR426

Posted November 02, 2002 - 08:10 PM

02 and 01 are both different, as far as I know 01 and 02 wont interchange unless you go to a Ty Davis or 02 linkage.. 98 and 99 same, I believe but not 100% sure that 00 will also work for you. Hope this helps..

SoCal

• freestyle111

Posted November 02, 2002 - 08:27 PM

98,99 and 00 are all same design except 98 use a smaller axle.

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.