Remove radiator for AIS removal? '07wr450

8 replies to this topic
  • kevinwr450f

Posted March 10, 2008 - 05:32 PM

Do I need to remove the right radiator to install this? Thanks in advance:thumbsup:

• dlt333

Posted March 10, 2008 - 05:34 PM

All I had to remove was ~ $175 from my wallet (including parts) and have the dealer do it

• CORider63

Posted March 10, 2008 - 05:41 PM

No. As I recall, I had to loosen the radiator hose clamp and slide the hose up slightly to allow room for the wrench.

• resinlips

Posted March 10, 2008 - 06:44 PM

If you loosen the hard pipe radiator tube thats in the way you can turn it and pull it out of the way. I found that made it much easier to get the allen in there. Dont pull it all the way out unless you drain the coolant first.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Traskrider

Posted March 10, 2008 - 06:49 PM

I second that, just loosen the the pipe fittied the the head and move it slightly out of te way to fit your allen in there. I did pull the hose off and drained a bit of rad fluid but no big deal and real easy !

• 2lcf

Posted March 10, 2008 - 09:02 PM

All I had to do to my 08 is loosen the clamp on one hose and spin it out of the way........remove AIS, install plate and retighten hose clamp.....done deal....no leaks, the allen wrench is a tight fit still but worked fine.......

• tweav

Posted March 10, 2008 - 10:07 PM

I didn't loosen the rad I just used a small flex head ratchet from the left side to get the hard bolt .

• William1

Posted March 11, 2008 - 02:55 AM

I too, did not have to touch my radiators. I already had Unabikers on too. I used a quality ball end driver on a rachet, no problem at all. Took all of five minutes.

• kevinwr450f

Posted March 11, 2008 - 01:59 PM

Got it done.... had to slightly loosen the radiator hose on left side to screw in block off plate. All in all, pretty easy and I'm not exactly a wrencher....

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.