Electrical problem WR450 indicators

8 replies to this topic
  • Tasman74

Posted March 10, 2008 - 04:50 PM

I have a wr450 07 model which has a wierd indicator problem.....

If I switch the indicators on at low revs the green indicator light comes on but doesnt flash..indicators dont come on at all. If I increase the revs past approx 2000 the green indicator light starts to flash and the indicators work!

I dont understand! Any ideas???????

I would have thought that the indicators should operate at any revs. Headlight is fine.

• tweav

Posted March 11, 2008 - 01:41 AM

Who wired up your lights? . It sounds to me like your turns are wired to your head light circuit . I bet if you rewired them to the battery they work fine . I think they are just low on power at low rpm's.

• Alternative

Posted March 11, 2008 - 02:39 AM

Tweav, Australian WR's come dual-sported off the shop floor. Tasman74, my WR426 does the same thing when the headlight is on. There's not enough power being generated at low revs to make the flasher work properly. If you do what Tweav suggested and wire them from the battery instead they should work fine.

• Tasman74

Posted March 11, 2008 - 01:44 PM

Thanks for reponses...

I understand what u are saying but I would have thought I shouldnt have to 're-wire' things on a bike that was 6 months old:)

Anyway. Thanks again.

Paul

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • tweav

Posted March 11, 2008 - 02:28 PM

Thanks for reponses...

I understand what u are saying but I would have thought I shouldnt have to 're-wire' things on a bike that was 6 months old:)

Anyway. Thanks again.

Paul

I completely rewired my 07 wr450 before I even rode it. the other thing you could do is the stator mod . but then you'll have to rewire the headlight too . but then All you lights are much brighter.

• snieper

Posted March 23, 2008 - 03:36 PM

I'll say you shouldn't have to re-wire, how would the bike have passed a WOF? You need indicators to flash when you're sitting at an intersection with low RPM. I'm having the same sort of issue on my '05 WR250F, but mostly mine just won't go at all. I took my rear indicators off for a trail ride, wondering if I turned indicators on then by accident and if that could've killed the flasher unit. Didn't think that could happen, but what else to look at..

Anyone bought a flasher unit before?

• freerider_australia

Posted March 24, 2008 - 03:40 AM

the head light should globe be a 35 watt globe u can fit a 55/60 watt globe check that it is a 35watt. indicator globes should be 10 watt try 5 watt in indicators
the head light,indicarors,horn runs on ac which has a ac regulator on it
tail light and starter motor and trip computer run on dc from dc regulator and battery
i changed every thing except head light to run off dc
the ac stator and regulater are capable of 120 watts it will run a 100 watt globe but i think it will get to hot in standard headlight i use a 60/55 watt globe no problems
i only needed to change 4 wires to run all the other items on dc the adr wiring loom basicly plugs into the usa wiring loom

• snieper

Posted March 24, 2008 - 12:25 PM

i only needed to change 4 wires to run all the other items on dc the adr wiring loom basicly plugs into the usa wiring loom

I'd like to run my indicators from battery DC, could you tell me what wires I'd change for that? My bike is NZ new sold as road legal version.

• freerider_australia

Posted March 24, 2008 - 10:44 PM

I'd like to run my indicators from battery DC, could you tell me what wires I'd change for that? My bike is NZ new sold as road legal version.

i only know oz model if your has the same wiring loom it will work adr wiring loom

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.