Lowering the seat height on my WR400?

2 replies to this topic
  • awhittall

Posted April 24, 2002 - 10:16 AM

Does anyone know of a way of lowering the seat height on a wr400, I race enduro and the only time I get in trouble is when I need to get a foot down in a hurry and can't reach!!! I'm 5'11" but the wr seat is still a good 3" too tall, I don't want to cut the seat foam back, my arse is sore enough after a 3 hour race without pounding it on the frame rails!!! :-) Any ideas?

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Guy

Posted April 24, 2002 - 12:01 PM

:) I'm sure our resident Guru "Taffy" posted about cutting and re-welding the sub-frame, some time ago, Have you tried "searching" using the link top R/H corner?, This and lowereing the pre-load on the shock may be the only ways :D

• Taffy

Posted April 24, 2002 - 12:01 PM

http://www.elysiumsp...co.uk/taffy.htm

Taffy

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.