Head pipe??

8 replies to this topic
  • yz4fun

Posted March 10, 2008 - 06:18 AM

I have a dent in my head pipe of my YZ 450.Will it burn a hole where the dent is??I was told it would.:thumbsup:

• TCCRA RACER

Posted March 10, 2008 - 06:24 AM

NO.... Take it off and fill it half way with water and put it in the freezer for about 6 hrs.. Walla new pipe..:thumbsup: Whoever told you that must believe in vampires or werewolves too!!:eek:

• grayracer513

Posted March 10, 2008 - 08:20 AM

Walla

"Voilà", actually.

In the case of larger or sharper dents, it may take two trips through the freezer, but it will do a remarkable job of pushing the dent out.

> Be sure the dent has 2-3 inches of water on either side of it as it stands in the freezer.

> Don't plug the ends.

• yz4fun

Posted March 10, 2008 - 04:40 PM

thanks a million for the quick reply s. cool i don't have to by a new head pipe.:thumbsup:

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • yz4fun

Posted March 13, 2008 - 04:01 PM

well the water trick hasn't worked for me. so as long as i wont burn a hole in my head pipe i guess it doesn't matter.any other tricks???

• Speedracer747-400

Posted March 13, 2008 - 05:18 PM

Pacific Crest Pipe Repair
http://www.piperepair.com/

• dforbes67

Posted March 14, 2008 - 12:04 PM

sealed the ends and put some air presure with a little heat and fixed mine , no problem

• 02YZ426

Posted March 14, 2008 - 03:15 PM

What did you use to seal the ends?

• dforbes67

Posted March 15, 2008 - 02:57 AM

1 end I used a eng block plug , the other I used a air fitting in a make shift chunk of aluminum, a radiator hose and hose clamps , heated with torch till red and applied small amount of air and popped right out ,Did not take much air once it was glowing red.

Related Content

Forums
Photo

First Hare scramble tips by dhend8

Dirt Bike   General Dirt Bike Forums   General Dirt Bike Discussion
  • Hot  33 replies
Forums
Photo

Snake pit oct 30th by The Anvil

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Regional Discussion   California
  • Hot  293 replies
Forums
Photo

yz250x vs 450 4t comparisons (preferably desert riding) needed by JakeNorthrupYZ450F

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   Yamaha 2-Stroke
  • 9 replies
Forums
Photo

Is it worth it? (Cam and High compression piston) by macgi77

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Honda   CRF 150/230 F/L
  • Hot  36 replies
Reviews

Yamaha YZ450F 2017 by Chris.GVS

Yamaha YZ450F 2017
  • - - - - -
  • 0 reviews

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.