seeking

21 replies to this topic
  • corkedpig

Posted March 09, 2008 - 05:24 PM

Best place to search for a low cost or used after market muffler ? I can't even hear my own bike while I'm riding it !:thumbsup:

• chakaxr650l

Posted March 09, 2008 - 06:24 PM

Ebay, craigslist, the classifieds here.

• dylanr

Posted March 09, 2008 - 06:38 PM

get the hrc tip, then youll hear it, it will flow a littl better too.

• XR4DEZ

Posted March 09, 2008 - 06:43 PM

You can drill out the tip and cut off the baffle attached to it without changing the appearance and that'll do it too. Or was that my kids fiddy I did that to, somebody tell us. http://www.motosport...R650R&year=2003 Scroll around and check out the exploded drawing of the pipe.

• Maroast

Posted March 09, 2008 - 07:45 PM

you can find all sorts of cool sh|t on ebay! :eek:

http://cgi.ebay.com/...sspagenameZWDVW

I got this full fmf system on ebay for under $300 shipped...you just have to know what your looking for and be patient.... Ti4 can w/ hi-flow header.... Also got my brand new edlebrock on ebay for $300 shipped :thumbsup:

Posted Image

• ZEKEDAWG

Posted March 09, 2008 - 07:50 PM

Leave it quiet, invest the money in suspension.
less sound more ground. Learn to ride smoothly to go faster.

• Krannie McKranface

Posted March 09, 2008 - 08:21 PM

Word up dog. (does anyone say that anymore? damn kids...)

• Maroast

Posted March 09, 2008 - 08:54 PM

does anyone say that anymore?

fo shizza ma nizza

• Purcell69

Posted March 09, 2008 - 09:38 PM

fo shizza ma nizza

:thumbsup: :eek: :D :ride: HA HA HA HA!

-Joe

• martinfan30

Posted March 10, 2008 - 07:21 AM

fo shizza ma nizza

The english language has become terribly butchered!:thumbsup:

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • jdubb75

Posted March 10, 2008 - 09:19 AM

The english language has become terribly butchered!:thumbsup:

Tru dat, homes. :eek:

• sploogemonkey

Posted March 10, 2008 - 01:45 PM

Will this work for you?

http://www.chaparral...t=False&GiftID=

• jdubb75

Posted March 10, 2008 - 07:23 PM

you can find all sorts of cool sh|t on ebay! :D

http://cgi.ebay.com/...sspagenameZWDVW

It just got a new owner. :eek: :thumbsup:

• gearloos

Posted March 10, 2008 - 08:49 PM

Nobody mentioned it and I dont even know if the stocker has any (I changed mine when the bike was 2 weeks old) but have you thought about just re-packing it?
I know you can grind the welds then pull the stock baffle out. If possible add/replace packing on it. even if it doesnt have any I would think you could just wrap a bit around part of the baffle ..
Cheap fix.

• Maroast

Posted March 11, 2008 - 02:06 AM

It just got a new owner. :eek: :thumbsup:

Nice man. Thats a good price $46.

• Motosprtman

Posted March 11, 2008 - 05:56 AM

Sound. A touchy and political subject for us all. I won't dwelve into it, rather just state my own experiences. I placed aftermarket pipes on my XR250R and the 650L. Then on a whim, back to stock - in an effort to be quieter. Both of the bikes sucked soooooooooooo bad in performance, the 250 more so, that I went back to the aftermarket pipes and jetting. In fact when I was riding up at Evans creek on my XR250R, it was so anemic with the stock pipe and jets, that it flat ran outta power on a steep climbing trail, making for a dangerous situation for me and anyone that could of been behind me. With the FMF powercore IV back on it and rejetted, I could climb the same trial easily and in fact had to stay forward to keep the front end down! Letting these 4 stroke motors breathe correctly makes an incredible difference. I will never go back to stock. I even, regretably sold my WB E2 for the 650L, only to have to buy another aftermarket pipe - this time a FMF Q2, nice pipe same power deleivery a tad quiter - needed the DJ 165 main though, it would run ok a a DJ 160 main - but it much happier with the 165. Pulls notably harder.

My reccomendation, buy an aftermarlet pipe of your choice and rejet. The difference is incredible and you will love your bike even more.

But what about the noise? it's a healthy sound of a dirt rider, the eco freaks will always hate us no matter what you do. Most places I ride, when your back the truck you cannot even hear the bikes off into the woods and there are no eco freaks around in thier subaru's and spock coffins on top, too far out in the woods and Bigfoot might get em ... ;-)

• Denn10

Posted March 11, 2008 - 06:00 AM

if he wants to change his exhaust then let him! and how does riding smoothly have anything to do with the guy asking for exhaust options??? So annoying people always trying to preach about sound and issues like this, leave the politics out and help the guy out or not. No sound restrictions on about any cruiser these days and no one cares about that??? Why cause a bike that can be heard is more likely to be seen also.

ive found good deals on ebay also, got a brand new whitebros E2 for $225 and seen many others used and new so you just have to do a little research and be patient.

• Motosprtman

Posted March 11, 2008 - 06:49 AM

I did.

"My reccomendation, buy an aftermarlet pipe of your choice and rejet. The difference is incredible and you will love your bike even more.

But what about the noise? it's a healthy sound of a dirt rider, the eco freaks will always hate us no matter what you do. Most places I ride, when your back at the truck you cannot even hear the bikes that are off into the woods and there are no eco freaks around in thier subaru's and spock coffins on top, too far out in the woods and Bigfoot might get em ... ;-) "

• cleonard

Posted March 11, 2008 - 09:08 AM

No sound restrictions on about any cruiser these days and no one cares about that???

Um, no. The law/regs for street bikes are even more restrictive than on the dirt. The only difference is that no law enforcement agency that I know actually enforces it. Personally I wish that they would.

I do agree about how bad the stock exhaust sucks. The main issue is the tiny hole in the baffle. The pipe itself is not that bad. I have an aftermarket baffle in my XR600 and the difference to the stock unit is amazing.

It is a nice compromise. It's not nearly as loud as most aftermarket pipes and the cost was right. It is quiet enough that I can many times hear a rider coming the other way on single track.

• ZEKEDAWG

Posted March 11, 2008 - 07:11 PM

if he wants to change his exhaust then let him! and how does riding smoothly have anything to do with the guy asking for exhaust options??? So annoying people always trying to preach about sound and issues like this, leave the politics out and help the guy out or not. No sound restrictions on about any cruiser these days and no one cares about that??? Why cause a bike that can be heard is more likely to be seen also.

ive found good deals on ebay also, got a brand new whitebros E2 for $225 and seen many others used and new so you just have to do a little research and be patient.

So if he wants to help get riding ares closed i should let him. :thumbsup: IMO I did help, sorry if you feel otherwise, i can't control your opinion, just like you can't control mine. Suspension and proper jetting on a bike will yield better results than a pipe anyway. Loud pipes are for people who need attention, look at me, look at me i am cool. Plus they give you a headache.

You are right, a bike that is heard will more likely be seen. But if you are on a trail and you are on a loud bike, you can't here the quiet bike coming, yet they can easily hear you. So it is irresponsible for you to assume you are the only one on the trail and everyone should watch out for you. Look at me look at me. Furthermore, the loud bike will attract attention, often attention from others that we don't want to hear us. if you aren't heard then those bad people won't see you either.

This is america, we both have the right to our own opinion.

Oh and if it is power you want, don't buy and xr 250:bonk:

My 600 has the stockpipe with down turned end and my 2 stroke sports a PC 296.
I still stand by the statement that dollar for dollar suspenion is a better upgrade for speed.

Related Content

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.